#NeymarChallenge

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

#NeymarChallenge

Post by Locky_McLockface »

I keep getting these Twitter "In The News" notifications, which generally I ignore, but one caught my eye, with the hastag #NeymarChallenge

Having seen the video of the kids training session, with them dribbling, the coach calls "Neymar!" and they all fall over and roll around, this Twitter thing was a whole rash of videos of other people doing much the same thing. One segment showed an adult brushing up against another adult sporting a Neymar PSG shirt, and then rolling around.

Which brings me to the point(s).

1) Isn't it sad that one of the greatest players of the current generation feels the need to cheat.

2) Isn't it sad that he will be remembered more for cheating than for his huge talent.

3) Is he aware of how people are viewing him? Has he seen any of these videos? Is he embarrassed by this, even just for the fact that he's not as good an actor as he thinks he is?
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Portchesterblue1
Robbie Pethick

Re: #NeymarChallenge

Post by Portchesterblue1 »

I think when you look at neymar and compare him to say Messi it's even more obvious how much he is just out for him. Messi doesn't ever roll around feigning injury and was classed as having a bad world cup. But that's because he is a team player, he is always looking to pass and involve his teammates to create chances where as neymar just wants to take on the whole world and pretend they have fouled him.
Someone his antics in this world cup have been so laughable but I think the Mexico one is the best. If you watch it the m3xicsn guy actually stand on the assistant refs foot and then on newymars leg. Neymar rolls around like he has been shot, the lino didn't even flinch.
It is a huge shame that he feels the need to do it, and he will forever be remembered for dodgy barnets and rolling around, not being a very skillful footballer
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: #NeymarChallenge

Post by Pompey Penguin »

There was an interesting article last week (The Guardian?) assessing Neymar. It suggested that Neymar played at his best (and least histrionic) when he was at Barcelona, and surrounded by lots of other top players; no chance he was the best player when Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, etc. were around. For Brazil and (especially) PSG he is the main man and has become overindulged. Not sure of the truth in this, but it is an interesting angle.