Alex Bass

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Alex Bass

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I see that Alex Bass has signed a new three year contract, and is also off to Torquay for this season to get some game time.

Sounds good on both counts to me.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Re: Alex Bass

Post by Earl Grey »

Berkshire Blue wrote:I see that Alex Bass has signed a new three year contract, and is also off to Torquay for this season to get some game time.

I guess it makes sense. Would've liked to see him given a go here. Not sure what the deal is but I hope he gets a lot of games.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Good move; Bass couldn't afford another season like last year at Pompey.

That both Cook and Jackett rate Bass very highly says a lot to me about his potential.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Earl Grey wrote:
Berkshire Blue wrote:I see that Alex Bass has signed a new three year contract, and is also off to Torquay for this season to get some game time.

I guess it makes sense. Would've liked to see him given a go here. Not sure what the deal is but I hope he gets a lot of games.
I think he very much will be given a go here. Just not yet.

Whilst he did well in his league debut against Peterborough, it was a dead-rubber of a game. He isn't ready to be the no.1 keeper here yet, but to sit on the bench is going to stifle his development. That's why we loaned in Henderson in January, to allow Bass to go on loan - and then Hendo got injured.

We now have MacGillivray and McGee to keep each other on their toes, and this is allowing Bass a season in the NLS. Next season, I would expect him to go out a a National League side, and potentially after that, a League 2 side. That's the end of his 3 year contract with us, at which point, we see how he's done at lower levels and assess whether he gets a new contract, potentially staying at Pompey as the no.1.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Locky_McLockface wrote:
Earl Grey wrote:

I think he very much will be given a go here. Just not yet.

Whilst he did well in his league debut against Peterborough, it was a dead-rubber of a game. He isn't ready to be the no.1 keeper here yet, but to sit on the bench is going to stifle his development. That's why we loaned in Henderson in January, to allow Bass to go on loan - and then Hendo got injured.

We now have MacGillivray and McGee to keep each other on their toes, and this is allowing Bass a season in the NLS. Next season, I would expect him to go out a a National League side, and potentially after that, a League 2 side. That's the end of his 3 year contract with us, at which point, we see how he's done at lower levels and assess whether he gets a new contract, potentially staying at Pompey as the no.1.
I think that he may be contending to be No 1 at Pompey sooner than you think - maybe next season if Torquay goes well.