Oxlade chamberlain

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Portchesterblue1
Robbie Pethick

Oxlade chamberlain

Post by Portchesterblue1 »

I see that Christian oxlade Chamberlain has signed for Notts county. I was under the impression we had offered him a new contract despite him being out with a broken leg but in his interview he says we didn't offer anything.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Re: Oxlade chamberlain

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Portchesterblue1 wrote:I see that Christian oxlade Chamberlain has signed for Notts county. I was under the impression we had offered him a new contract despite him being out with a broken leg but in his interview he says we didn't offer anything.
AIUI we were willing to continue on a month-to-month basis while he recovered from his injuries and assess where he was. Its fair to assume that had he hadn't broken his leg then he would have been released. Good luck to him, he needs a chance.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

Lost in Transportation wrote:
Portchesterblue1 wrote:I see that Christian oxlade Chamberlain has signed for Notts county. I was under the impression we had offered him a new contract despite him being out with a broken leg but in his interview he says we didn't offer anything.
AIUI we were willing to continue on a month-to-month basis while he recovered from his injuries and assess where he was. Its fair to assume that had he hadn't broken his leg then he would have been released. Good luck to him, he needs a chance.
Yup - best of luck to the lad

Both the Ox's out then for the foreseeable
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

I think it's a real shame, but good luck to him.

A few years back, I was trying to organise a day-trip to Belgium for my lad's football team, and we were struggling for numbers a bit. One of the lads then said "I could see if my friend Christian could play." "OK," says I. "Is he any good?" "Yes," came the reply. "He plays for Pompey Academy, and his brother plays for England." As it goes, we didn't go on the trip, and I doubt he'd have been allowed to play anyway, but I've kept an eye on his career since.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

I had high hopes for him but it seems he didn't develop fast enough for Pompey. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he kicks on and we regret the decision to sell. Hope he does well.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.