Luton

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Luton

Post by pompeygunner »

Was poor fare wasn't it. No discernible football from us with a team made up majorly with defensive minded players. I hope this was some sort of experiment by KJ because that was a bit crap tbh. The supporters by & large will accept crap football if the results are decent, but if the results go down the pan the pressure will really crank up.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by New Forester »

Looks a good result now!
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

I was only saying to Mme j.> this evening that the Luton match had turned out to be a real 6-pointer, but no-one knew it at the time. Had they won, we'd be level on points tonight.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

<dj.> wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:58 am I was only saying to Mme j.> this evening that the Luton match had turned out to be a real 6-pointer, but no-one knew it at the time. Had they won, we'd be level on points tonight.
Agree, but I've just been re-reading the earlier posts on this thread. We've improved considerably since then: for example, Pitman has a reduced role with Hawkins becoming the main focus.

In that context, there was an interesting comment from Guy Whittingham on the BBC/Express FM radio commentary yesterday (Saturday 8th December) about Hawkins. He said that, compared to last year, Hawkins was a much better player - vastly improved.

I think that this also applies to other members of the squad as they have grown in confidence since the first Luton game, learnt to anticipate each others' games and remained consistent as a first team squad.

KJ's summer recruitment has also helped enormously - MacGillivray, Naylor, Curtis, etc.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante