Louis Dennis

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Louis Dennis

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I see from the highlights that he scored a very well taken goal in the reserves game against Reading, and from highlights of previous friendlies it seems that he can score goals and also make a telling pass.

Hopefully he may get a chance to impress at a higher level - maybe the next Checkatrade game?
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Louis Dennis

Post by Milton End »

Given that one of the obvious subs, Greene, is injured, why not give Dennis at least ten minutes late in the match?

I guess that it depends on the score at that time. Perhaps we will be 3-0 uo with ten minutes left (in my dreams at least!).

Should be a good game against Peterborough. PUP
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

He scored again for the reserves against Oxford this evening, and apparently played very well.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

I was quite excited about this player when we signed him, and so must have KJ been as he was our second signing over the summer. Perhaps he has not performed in training, his attitude is not right, or he has done something to pee off KJ or JG? Or perhaps the good form of the team, and in particular Curtis & Lowe is just keeping him out? I'm sure his chance will come.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

I wonder if one of KJ's biggest challenges this season is going to be keeping the squad happy. Players like Pitman, Mason and Wheeler aren't going to be keen on bench-warming for too long, and then those like Dennis amd Rose not making the squad regularly is going to affect morale.

I guess the form of Hawkins, Curtis and Evans has surprised everyone including the management!
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Maybe having genuine competition for places has been a kick up the jacksie for players. Yes, it's a problem keeping them all happy, but if they have the right attitude, those on the bench just have to impress in training and the reserves and be patient.

Unless toys get thrown out of prams, surely it has to improve performances in matches, reserves and in training. Otherwise all the good/successful/rich clubs would only buy 11 decent players, so they didn't upset anyone.
PakefieldBlue wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:37 pm I wonder if one of KJ's biggest challenges this season is going to be keeping the squad happy. Players like Pitman, Mason and Wheeler aren't going to be keen on bench-warming for too long, and then those like Dennis amd Rose not making the squad regularly is going to affect morale.

I guess the form of Hawkins, Curtis and Evans has surprised everyone including the management!
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I think that I read an article back in August saying that Dennis was surprised the level of fitness and strength that the Pompey players had ( I believe that he mentioned Jamal Lowe), and that he was determined to get in the gym and improve his levels to match them. It would seem that he is getting there.