Peterboro v Pompey

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Peterboro v Pompey

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

0-0 closing in on h/t

I take that at the end I think
Div III. Call it what it is.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Peterboro v Pompey

Post by New Forester »

Something odd here! What happened to other posts?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

See my main announcement. I've updated the board to the latest software version. Unfortunately, I've lost posts made recently in the process.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

What an amazing result......top of the table now!
Pompey v Posh 3.JPG
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
yahoodlums
Alan Knight

Post by yahoodlums »

What news to wake up to!! Pup!
"You can break many things, but you can't break our spirit!"
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

Shouldn’t we all be piling in with optimistic posts after yesterday’s triumph? Or are we all still nervous it’s a false dawn that will soon start to disappear? If we finished just outside the playoffs last season, surely we are heading for the top 6 with this group of players? At the very least, it’s an encouraging start to the season. And congrats to the 2500 fans who made it to Peterborough. I worked there in the 60s but it’s too far for me now.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
RubiconCSL
Site Admin

Post by RubiconCSL »

I think, sadly, we have all supported Pompey for so long, history tells us not to be too optimistic!

I'm very happy so far. Saturday's result was never in my thoughts. I was optimistically hoping for a draw.

But hey, why not, let's get excited for a while :)
New Forester wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:43 pm Shouldn’t we all be piling in with optimistic posts after yesterday’s triumph? Or are we all still nervous it’s a false dawn that will soon start to disappear? If we finished just outside the playoffs last season, surely we are heading for the top 6 with this group of players? At the very least, it’s an encouraging start to the season. And congrats to the 2500 fans who made it to Peterborough. I worked there in the 60s but it’s too far for me now.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

I am getting a waft of the 2002-2003 season..... :thumb
Heaven's Light Our Guide
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

To be honest I am fairly shocked with our start, but happily shocked! I would normally think that wheels will fall off soon but the squad is deep and KJ has the experience of that it takes to get promotion.

If it continues like this then we'll have to fight off transfer bids in January for the likes of Clarke, Curtis and Lowe - but that's always a sign that things are going well isn't it. Give them all new and improved contracts for Christmas!
Fratton End Exile
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Fratton End Exile »

We were very good yesterday. Scoreline flattered P'boro to be honest. Young Rowan just gets better & better. No-one had a bad game & us fans were amazing.
Oh & I managed to get briefly interviewed in 606 on Radio 5 on the way home, was trying to point out that there was football outside of the Premier League.
Vince
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

yahoodlums wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:27 am What news to wake up to!! Pup!
And indeed what news to see on a Monday morning! A post from Yahoodlums!!!! Good to see you're still lurking, bud.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:17 am
And indeed what news to see on a Monday morning! A post from Yahoodlums!!!! Good to see you're still lurking, bud.
This new look for the Chimes MB is fine but I got a bit confused. I wondered why you were ticking off yahoodlums for the 'i before e' thing until I realised it was just your 'signature'. :shock:
RubiconCSL
Site Admin

Post by RubiconCSL »

Ha ha - new theme on the way. Needs some more customisation. But you are welcome to use it if you want to, rather than this somewhat stark style.

Go to "User Control Panel" (drop down on the top right where your login name is. Then click the Board Preferences tab. Then change "My Board Style" to FLATBOOTS. As I say, still being customised, as I get to understand how to add bits and pieces. But I quite like the feel of it. Both this theme and FLATBOOTS are fully responsive, so should look 10 times better than before on a phone or tablet.
Earl Grey wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:04 pm
This new look for the Chimes MB is fine but I got a bit confused. I wondered why you were ticking off yahoodlums for the 'i before e' thing until I realised it was just your 'signature'. :shock:
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

RubiconCSL wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:33 pm Ha ha - new theme on the way. Needs some more customisation. But you are welcome to use it if you want to, rather than this somewhat stark style.

Go to "User Control Panel" (drop down on the top right where your login name is. Then click the Board Preferences tab. Then change "My Board Style" to FLATBOOTS. As I say, still being customised, as I get to understand how to add bits and pieces. But I quite like the feel of it. Both this theme and FLATBOOTS are fully responsive, so should look 10 times better than before on a phone or tablet.
Earl Grey wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:04 pm
Cheers Rubi