Board upgrade - a request

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Board upgrade - a request

Post by This Time Next Year »

Firstly, I can't seem to reply to the announcements, so apologies for kicking off another thread...

New board looks good and works well across my devices, so well done on surviving the upgrade!

My only request would be for the return of the stripped back mobile style of the board pretty please oh great rubiness.

Obviously this has nothing to do with the way that the stripped down text only style looks a lot more discreet whilst I'm at work with my boss sitting next to me, I'm just concerned with the excess bandwidth usage on your server with all these colours and pictures... :wink:
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Board upgrade - a request

Post by RubiconCSL »

RubiconCSL wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:39 am Thanks for the feedback. I totally agree regarding the secret-at-work theme. I'll have a look and see if I can find a more discreet style that works with this version o f the software :)

I did also find an app (Android anyway) that will load any phpBB board. I couldn't use it at the time, as the board's software was so old. Now it is up to date, I'll look at that as well, as maybe that would be more discreet/boss proof.

I'll also see if I can change the announcement to just s sticky thread (yuk) as maybe that is more open to replies etc.
This Time Next Year wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:59 am Firstly, I can't seem to reply to the announcements, so apologies for kicking off another thread...

New board looks good and works well across my devices, so well done on surviving the upgrade!

My only request would be for the return of the stripped back mobile style of the board pretty please oh great rubiness.

Obviously this has nothing to do with the way that the stripped down text only style looks a lot more discreet whilst I'm at work with my boss sitting next to me, I'm just concerned with the excess bandwidth usage on your server with all these colours and pictures... :wink:
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Board upgrade - a request

Post by RubiconCSL »

would you try replying to the announcement now please? I think it was because I made it a global announcement that you didn't have permissions to reply.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.