Brexit

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Brexit

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:35 pm The polls have recently been predicting that Nifel Garage's Brexit Party will win handsomely in today's election, I wonder how the currently elected idiots in the Commons will react to the clear message that it will have sent them if this proves to be the case. Never will I have awaited the outcome of a European election so intently!
Indeed. I am sure that many people are taking far more interest in the elections than any others for MEPs.

Whilst there will certainly be a vast number of "Look the Brexit Party got the most votes" comments this doesn't mean that there is a huge groundswell for Brexit and especially for hard Brexit. All polls also suggest that the sum of the anti-Brexit parties' (LibDems, Greens, SNP, etc.) votes will be roughly the same as those for the pro-Brexit parties (Brexit, UKIP, etc.), and that's without trying to guess what Tory and Labour voters want. The one thing there won't be is a "clear message" on Brexit, just a clear message that the two main parties are hopeless.
Donald J Trump
Martin Kuhl

Post by Donald J Trump »

You know smart $$$$$ say that by the end of the week this guy will be your PM.
Boris.jpg
Boris.jpg (6.88 KiB) Viewed 6268 times
Top dude....we go to the same barber
Make America Great Again
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Apart from the Lib Dem’s and Brexit Party I don’t know a single thing about the policies of Labour / Tories etc and why I should have voted for them last night. I imagine a fair few people feel the same.

Will be interesting when the results come out early next week to see how split the vote amongst leave parties compared to remain parties. Gut feel saying Brexit Larty has done a good job of convincing people to vote for them as opposed to other leave parties. I’m not sure in the remain side and waiting to see the regulars.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
just blue
Milan Mandaric

Post by just blue »

Well, Brexit has done for Mrs May - another conservative prime minister beaten by Europe. Who's next!
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Donald J Trump wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:15 am You know smart $$$$$ say that by the end of the week this guy will be your PM.

Boris.jpg

Top dude....we go to the same barber
Well, I think your timing is out, since Timid Teresa is staying put until 7th June. I assume that's because she wants to make sure that you don't steal the family silver when you're in Pompey the previous weekend.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Talking of the D Day celebrations on Southsea Common , did we all realise that Portsmouth is an anagram of Shoot Trump ?

Just putting that out there .

Carry On.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

rumourmonger wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:59 pm Talking of the D Day celebrations on Southsea Common , did we all realise that Portsmouth is an anagram of Shoot Trump ?

Carry On.
No , I wasn't . What are you implying ?
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:35 pm
rumourmonger wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:59 pm Talking of the D Day celebrations on Southsea Common , did we all realise that Portsmouth is an anagram of Shoot Trump ?

Carry On.
No , I wasn't . What are you implying ?
Not implying anything and anyway it wasn't you who mentioned Teresa May being in Pompey for the D Day celebrations it was Locky.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Carry On.
And next you'll be telling us there's a grassy knoll at Southsea Castle too. Come to think of it..... :shock:
Donald J Trump
Martin Kuhl

Post by Donald J Trump »

Worst resignation ever btw.

You throw the carp off yer desk, and give the finger to the press corps and your useless teammate mp's, walk out the door and ride off into the sunset.

Plus ….May should have left... in May. Surely that's obvious

2 weeks notice and a tearjerker....don't think she's going down in the book of Great British Women in History
Make America Great Again
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

With most of the country voting for a 2nd referendum, it's looking even less likely that we'll ever leave.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Definite leave parties (Brexit + UKIP) 36.8%

Definite remain parties (LibDem + Green + ChangeUK) 37.0%

****/elbow confusion parties (Con + Lab) 23.4%

So, that's all clear and a definite "message to parliament".
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Pompey Penguin wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:59 am
Definite remain parties (LibDem + Green + ChangeUK) 37.0%
Plus the 4.5% that SNP/PC secured.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

You can fiddle with the figures to fit any argument. In 2016. 52% voted to leave 48% voted to remain, it has hardly changed. Especially given that about half the Country voted in the Europeans compared to the turnout in the Referendum.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:05 am You can fiddle with the figures to fit any argument. In 2016. 52% voted to leave 48% voted to remain, it has hardly changed. Especially given that about half the Country voted in the Europeans compared to the turnout in the Referendum.
What he said :thumb