Fans at Coventry

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Fans at Coventry

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Just seen that we have over 1700 going up to Coventry tomorrow.

For a midweek game that seems quite impressive to me.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Fans at Coventry

Post by New Forester »

I often wonder how many will return directly after the match, what time they will get home and how many go to work the next day.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

New Forester wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:00 pm I often wonder how many will return directly after the match, what time they will get home and how many go to work the next day.
I'm going with two of my sons. We should be back home by around midnight, and I will be at work by 7.30am on Wednesday :thumb
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:11 pm Just seen that we have over 1700 going up to Coventry tomorrow.

For a midweek game that seems quite impressive to me.
That is very impressive, and made all the more so by the fact that we played Rochdale away only 3 days ago.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

I'll be there... Will get to my own home at 18:15 Wednesday night after a day at work.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Selsey Bill wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:05 pm
New Forester wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:00 pm I often wonder how many will return directly after the match, what time they will get home and how many go to work the next day.
I'm going with two of my sons. We should be back home by around midnight, and I will be at work by 7.30am on Wednesday :thumb
Respect. We shall, however, expect a BFTG report by 8.00 am on Wednesday morning!!! (Only joking)
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by New Forester »

How on earth do you do that? I get home at midnight travelling by train from the New Forest to an home evening game.

Very impressive!
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

New Forester wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:25 am
How on earth do you do that? I get home at midnight travelling by train from the New Forest to an home evening game.

Very impressive!
Don't forget I live near Windsor so am only 100 miles from Coventry :wink:
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by New Forester »

Cheers

I lived in Coventry from 1969 to 1971. I went to watch them a few times. It was like going to a cricket match. My pals told me that locals were heavily outnumbered by people like me who were just passing through during their careers. I hope its changed.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Myself and the Junglist are going but since we live in South Birmingham, its not so impressive. :smt006
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Woodywing
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Woodywing »

Having posted the other week saying I don’t get to games I will be there tonight for the first time in an age. It’s my birthday and I live 8 miles from Coventry so it’s an evening at the Ricoh with my brothers.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Woodywing wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:46 pm Having posted the other week saying I don’t get to games I will be there tonight for the first time in an age. It’s my birthday and I live 8 miles from Coventry so it’s an evening at the Ricoh with my brothers.

North or South?
Woodywing
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Woodywing »

South in a village not far from Leamington.
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

And the travelling fans rewarded with a win
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by New Forester »

portchesterblue wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:41 pm And the travelling fans rewarded with a win
And they deserve to sleep well tonight!