v Crawley

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

v Crawley

Post by eltorrro »

I think those that raised the questions of 'Why not play Mason' tonight got their answer...because he is nowhere near good enough!! To be honest, I don't think he is even good enough for League 2...certainly Crawley had better than him. Also think the same goes for Dennis...not good enough. MOM had to be Rose who must have staked a claim for Saturday?? 8)
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: v Crawley

Post by Selsey Bill »

eltorrro wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:43 pm I think those that raised the questions of 'Why not play Mason' tonight got their answer...because he is nowhere near good enough!! To be honest, I don't think he is even good enough for League 2...certainly Crawley had better than him. Also think the same goes for Dennis...not good enough. MOM had to be Rose who must have staked a claim for Saturday?? 8)
Thanks for that. We already have Naylor, Close and Thompson in Danny Rose's position, and it seems they are ahead of him in the pecking order. I was more hoping Mason or Dennis would step up to the plate last night. It's a shame Wheeler got a knock on Saturday as he should glimpses of having potential as we really need challengers for Lowe, Evans, Pitman and Curtis who weren't on their game on Saturday. I suspect Green will be good enough once he is back from his knee op but that could be a few weeks yet.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Totally lost on this....is it the old League Cup, the old Johnson paint pot trophy, the "caribou" cup or what??

I see we are in a league with Spurs under 21's

Who came up with this venture?
Div III. Call it what it is.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

I can't find a report anywhere. BBC just shows the score, not even the scorer. Even the official EFL site only shows the score.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

RubiconCSL wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:30 am I can't find a report anywhere. BBC just shows the score, not even the scorer. Even the official EFL site only shows the score.
Dion Donohue scored the goal. You could try looking at the Snooze site or indeed, the OS.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

...and nobody has mentioned that Haji Mnoga from our academy started for us last night, becoming Pompey’s second-youngest debutant of all time, aged just 16 years, 5 months and 23 days 👏
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

...and he played pretty well by my reckoning. A bit green, a couple of rash challenges but he managed very well. What was obvious (and nice to see) was how Burgess was always riding shotgun for him and I'm certain giving him verbal advice/encouragement as well. 8)
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:03 pm ...and nobody has mentioned that Haji Mnoga from our academy started for us last night, becoming Pompey’s second-youngest debutant of all time, aged just 16 years, 5 months and 23 days 👏
He is a unit at 16.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:17 am Totally lost on this....is it the old League Cup, the old Johnson paint pot trophy, the "caribou" cup or what??

I see we are in a league with Spurs under 21's

Who came up with this venture?
It's the EFL Trophy (the old Johnstones Paint), the Carabou Cup is the League Cup - and it was the EFL's idea to invite Premier U21's into it which Pompey objected to but were out-voted. Fans are boycotting it generally as a way of agreeing with Pompey's stance.
VFTH
Milan Mandaric

Post by VFTH »

Oxford had a massive crowd of approx 900 to watch their match. Looks like some teams may be losing a fair bit of money having to play in this competition.
Smile and those around you smile ..... Laugh and they think you have gone mad

http://www.smile4wessex.org