Wimbledon

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Wimbledon

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Great to get another three points on the road, but that last 30 mins wasn't easy watching was it! Should have had 3 or 4 in the first half but for some wrong choices in the penalty box from Lowe and Evans.

Will be interesting to see if KJ tries to mix up the tactics for the next two home games to try and find some form at Fratton

Happy days.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Wimbledon

Post by New Forester »

Still can’t bring myself to fork out £10 to watch. So I continue to listen on I Follow. I get more nervous listening than I do at Fratton Park. So I check after 30 minutes and again in the second half and if it’s tight I then suffer about the last 20 minutes. And so it was yesterday. What a relief at the final whistle! I cannot believe how nervous I get. And the older I get, the worse it gets. Perhaps one day soon Pompey will go 3-0 up after 20 minutes then we can relax for a bit.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

New Forester wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:07 pm Still can’t bring myself to fork out £10 to watch. So I continue to listen on I Follow. I get more nervous listening than I do at Fratton Park. So I check after 30 minutes and again in the second half and if it’s tight I then suffer about the last 20 minutes. And so it was yesterday. What a relief at the final whistle! I cannot believe how nervous I get. And the older I get, the worse it gets. Perhaps one day soon Pompey will go 3-0 up after 20 minutes then we can relax for a bit.
I do exactly the same! Even worse, I watch the text on the OS at the same time, which is often ahead of the broadcast so when the opposition score there is despair and then a double whammy of it when the broadcast gets to it!
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

PakefieldBlue wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:58 pm Great to get another three points on the road, but that last 30 mins wasn't easy watching was it! Should have had 3 or 4 in the first half but for some wrong choices in the penalty box from Lowe and Evans.

Will be interesting to see if KJ tries to mix up the tactics for the next two home games to try and find some form at Fratton

Happy days.
Could be a bit awkward when Curtis gets back because Donohue did a decent job out wide until he tired. Curtis is clearly the better player but sometimes it's the mix of players that works rather than the quality of individuals. Also Curtis's crossing lately seems to have gone downhill whereas Donohue was putting in some tempting crosses.
Don't understand why he dropped Pitman but we seemed to create a lot still.....just didn't convert. Pompey went downhill second half partly because AFCW changed their team and partly because Hawkins wasn't doing what he did in the first half....he couldn't control it or head it and looked leggy. Jackett should've changed him for Pitman much earlier.
Still, despite an agonising second half, we got the job done.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.