A minutes applause during matches.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

A minutes applause during matches.

Post by New Forester »

Got thinking yesterday. During the 58th minute applause Fleetwood got into a dangerous position on the edge of the penalty area. I wondered about the reaction if they had scored. Would we have drowned out the Fleetwood fans celebrations?
Even if I complete 100 years as a fan, I’m leaving clear instructions that I don’t wish to have a football match interrupted in my memory. I want fans to focus on roaring Pompey to another victory.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Rocketman
Martin Kuhl
Been liked: 1 time

Re: A minutes applause during matches.

Post by Rocketman »

To be possibly even more controversial, anyone else think the minutes applause at games is getting out of hand, ie devalued. It used to be only when real heroes passed away, or someone very very special to the club that most people attending have heard of. The more it is done, the less special it becomes IMHO.
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

Good point NF, but to be frank, the Fleetwood fans' celebrations could have been drowned out by a well-timed fart.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

<dj.> wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:32 pm Good point NF, but to be frank, the Fleetwood fans' celebrations could have been drowned out by a well-timed fart.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Agree with the above that it's in danger of becoming devalued and should be reserved for absolutely outstanding service to the club or to World football. Also it should be announced as a period of applause ended by the ref's whistle because a minute is just too long. If it's at a specific minute that's a bit more difficult but everyone's got a rough idea of 30 seconds so maybe that should be the new 'minute' of applause.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.