Redknapp to be on latest series of I’m A Celebrity.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Redknapp to be on latest series of I’m A Celebrity.

Post by Sam_Brown »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46189861

Could be interesting. He’s pushing 70 now so not sure how he’s gonna handle some of the trials but should be fun to watch him squirm 😂
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Re: Redknapp to be on latest series of I’m A Celebrity.

Post by Earl Grey »

Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:25 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46189861

Could be interesting. He’s pushing 70 now so not sure how he’s gonna handle some of the trials but should be fun to watch him squirm 😂
He'll find a way to wriggle out of the trials. He'll complain he's claustrophobic, agoraphobic, snake-phobic, spider-phobic etc. etc.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

I'd eat a lot of kangaroo bits for £500,000.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/our-region ... -1-8705306
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Not sure how many of you are on Twitter, but Southampton FC tweeted the below on Monday:

Careful Harry doesn’t leave you halfway through to join @bbcstrictly 🙄 #saintsfc

In fairness, that made me :rofl :lol:
OldSpice
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 32 times

Post by OldSpice »

‘I hope he has to eat kangaroo testicles’ – Portsmouth fans wish Harry Redknapp discomfort in the jungle on I’m a Celebrity….
www.portsmouth.co.uk

PORTSMOUTH fans have reacted with vitriolic anticipation to the revelation of Harry Redknapp’s participation in this year’s I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.

Supporters Trust member and former director Mick Williams, 70, said: ‘I don’t like the man. I don’t normally watch the programme but I will be this year – I will definitely be phoning in to ensure he gets some nasty trials. Hopefully he will have to eat kangaroo’s testicles.’

Fan, John Westwood, 55, added: ‘I don’t generally watch the programme but I hope to hear he suffered in there.’

Supporters said the the ill-feeling towards Redknapp was down to his departure for arch-rivals Southampton and leaving the club for a second time despite assuring fans he was staying.

‘I can’t stand the man since he went to Southampton. He divided a lot of people at the club,’ added John.

Fellow fan, Russ Kerr, 30, added: ‘He jumped ship and should have shown more loyalty to the club. I would like to see him doing the trials just for comedy value.’

After his role in helping to re-establish the solvency of the club, Mick Williams is also annoyed by the part he feels Redknapp played in destroying the club’s finances. ‘The financial state we were left in was dreadful. While the owners were mainly culpable, Redknapp certainly played his part,’ said Mick.

Fans believe money and publicity were the motivation behind his place on the show. ‘I expect he is taking part because he wants to be back in the public eye,’ said John.
‘I believe he is receiving the biggest ever fee in the show’s history,’ added Mick.

After also leaving Southampton to return to Pompey, Saints also took a swipe at their former manager by tweeting: ‘Careful Harry doesn’t leave half way through to join Strictly’.
PUP
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

Well said Mick.
I see in the snooze this evening Kenny Jackett says he doesn`t know why Redknapp is doing the show, I`ll go along with the £100,000 fee. I`m sure the bugs there will have him twitching.
OldSpice
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by OldSpice »

past memories wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:04 pm Well said Mick.
I see in the snooze this evening Kenny Jackett says he doesn`t know why Redknapp is doing the show, I`ll go along with the £100,000 fee. I`m sure the bugs there will have him twitching.
Thank you!

I've heard Twitchy's fee is more like £500,000 ffs
PUP
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

Just think, he will not have his phone with him.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

OldSpice wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:50 pm
past memories wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:04 pm Well said Mick.
Thank you!

I've heard Twitchy's fee is more like £500,000 ffs
Delivered in a brown envelope no doubt.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

I've read somewhere that his fee is £500k ffs
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Selsey Bill wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:29 pm I've read somewhere that his fee is £500k ffs
There's an echo in here :wink:
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

OldSpice wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:55 pm ‘I hope he has to eat kangaroo testicles’ – Portsmouth fans wish Harry Redknapp discomfort in the jungle on I’m a Celebrity….
www.portsmouth.co.uk

PORTSMOUTH fans have reacted with vitriolic anticipation to the revelation of Harry Redknapp’s participation in this year’s I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.

Supporters Trust member and former director Mick Williams, 70, said: ‘I don’t like the man. I don’t normally watch the programme but I will be this year – I will definitely be phoning in to ensure he gets some nasty trials. Hopefully he will have to eat kangaroo’s testicles.’

Fan, John Westwood, 55, added: ‘I don’t generally watch the programme but I hope to hear he suffered in there.’

Supporters said the the ill-feeling towards Redknapp was down to his departure for arch-rivals Southampton and leaving the club for a second time despite assuring fans he was staying.

‘I can’t stand the man since he went to Southampton. He divided a lot of people at the club,’ added John.

Fellow fan, Russ Kerr, 30, added: ‘He jumped ship and should have shown more loyalty to the club. I would like to see him doing the trials just for comedy value.’

After his role in helping to re-establish the solvency of the club, Mick Williams is also annoyed by the part he feels Redknapp played in destroying the club’s finances. ‘The financial state we were left in was dreadful. While the owners were mainly culpable, Redknapp certainly played his part,’ said Mick.

Fans believe money and publicity were the motivation behind his place on the show. ‘I expect he is taking part because he wants to be back in the public eye,’ said John.
‘I believe he is receiving the biggest ever fee in the show’s history,’ added Mick.

After also leaving Southampton to return to Pompey, Saints also took a swipe at their former manager by tweeting: ‘Careful Harry doesn’t leave half way through to join Strictly’.
Lol. Maybe it’s cause I’ve been out the City so long but what is the general consensus on Redknapp these days now the dust has settled?

He was vilified when he left for the Saints but after coming back and the great escape and winning the FA Cup I thought cooler heads prevailed and could appreciate what he did for the club? What was the reaction when he left for Spurs at the time. The whole period was a bit of a blur.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

My recollection of that weekend is that Harry stood on the touchline at Braga on Thursday 23rd October and watched us lose 3-0 in the UEFA cup.
The team flew back to England on Friday 24th to prepare for a home game against Fulham on Sunday. Then on the evening of Saturday 25th the news filtered through that Harry was on his way to Spurs and Tony Adams would be in charge for the Fulham game which we drew 1-1.

The question I want to know is when did Spurs make their first approach to Harry ? Did he watch us lose to Braga knowing that he was off anyway ? Or did all of this happen after he got back on the Friday and progress at such a pace that by Saturday evening it was all done and dusted ? My own theory is that he even went out to Portugal knowing that Braga was his last game.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
OldSpice
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by OldSpice »

When Redknapp returned to 'his spiritual home' he declared how much he loved the club and that this would be his last job in football.

“Any unfulfilled dreams I have left in football can be achieved here. I turned down two exceptional offers in the last twelve months and that was a clear indication of where my heart and mind was.”
"It wouldn’t make an ounce of difference who came in for me now. This is where I belong and this is where I want to finish.”
“It would have been easy to walk away in the past year and I don’t think anyone would have had any real complaints. But, as tempting as the offers were, I couldn’t have lived with myself. There would have been a massive sense of betrayal.”

Five months later he left for Tottenham, so no wonder he is disliked by so many Pompey fans.
PUP
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Personally, I wanted him to leave before he did the first time, and I certainly didn't want him to come back. He's only only ever been interested in himself and I hold him at least in part responsible for all the **** our club has been through in the last 8 years.