Still top :)

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Still top :)

Post by RubiconCSL »

Well played Wycombe Wanderers!

Still top and no-one now got a game in hand over us. Probably the best we could have hoped for. Barnsley and Luton look to have found some form though.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Still top :)

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Yes Sir....we'll take that thank you very much.
Div III. Call it what it is.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

We are Top of the League, Sir, We are Top of the League!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Good result for us. Sunderland and Barnsley look to me like the best two teams in L1. It was fortunate that they got off to slightly rocky starts and are having to catch Pompey. I am concerned that we are going to end up playing the Shrewsbury role in a three-horse race. Nobody else is consistent enough at present.

Last season the three teams promoted from L1 were the same three relegated from the Championship in the previous season, 2016-17. Now of the three teams relegated in 2017-18, two are looking good in L1; only Burton are mid-table, and they did well to even survive in the Championship for a second season. Is the gap between the Championship and L1 growing in more ways than just wages paid for players?
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:31 pm Good result for us. Sunderland and Barnsley look to me like the best two teams in L1. It was fortunate that they got off to slightly rocky starts and are having to catch Pompey. I am concerned that we are going to end up playing the Shrewsbury role in a three-horse race. Nobody else is consistent enough at present.

Last season the three teams promoted from L1 were the same three relegated from the Championship in the previous season, 2016-17. Now of the three teams relegated in 2017-18, two are looking good in L1; only Burton are mid-table, and they did well to even survive in the Championship for a second season. Is the gap between the Championship and L1 growing in more ways than just wages paid for players?
I wouldn't rule out Burton - they are definitely one of the best teams we have played so far, along with Luton. I have a worrying feeling we might end up fighting for that 3rd place slot which will be a lottery. I think the 11 days in December when we play Charlton, Barnsley and Sunderland will give us a good indication as to where we will end up at the end of the season.