Redknapp in the jungle

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Redknapp in the jungle

Post by PakefieldBlue »

What's everyone's opinions?

A friend of mine said to me that my view of Harry must be changing because he's such a nice man and a gentleman about his wife. I replied that whilst he seems genuine about Sandra, his morals are VERY selective.

I'd love for Noel Edmunds for start asking him about why he leaves football clubs bankrupt!
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Redknapp in the jungle

Post by blue architect »

Such a nice guy to his wife that he dragged her along the road from his car .......
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

PakefieldBlue wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:49 pm
I'd love for Noel Edmunds for start asking him about why he leaves football clubs bankrupt!
If Redknapp goes to a chairman (any chairman) and says "I want to spend £x on a player" that chairman has two choices. Yes or No. Only Daniel Levy was strong-willed enough to say no.

With reference to Pompey, the Gaydamaks used the same model as Abramovich & Mansour- they (or more accurately G Snr) cover the trading losses. The problem arose when Gaydamak Snr was done for gun-running and had all his assets frozen, meaning that between them, they could no longer cover the losses.

If the bottom falls out of the petroleum market, and Messrs Abramovich and Mansour become potless, the same fate awaits those two clubs.

I am not Redknapp's biggest fan. I thought he behaved with a distinct lack of grace and tact when he jumped to Spuds overnight, and the things he was quoted as saying in the immediate aftermath. But I don't think he can be blamed for taking advantage of a chairman's desire to buy the players that his manager wants.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
just blue
Milan Mandaric

Post by just blue »

He's just won!