Any chance we could have Pitman back in January

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Quantum of Stowmarket
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 2 times

Any chance we could have Pitman back in January

Post by Quantum of Stowmarket »

Hello haven't been on lately but wondering if you could help us out

Any chance of giving Pitman back to us in the January window as we desperately need another forward for the season ahead. - If not we'll be swapping leagues with you by the end of season and kicking off in League One in August. Somewhere where no Ipswich fan has been before (at least that none can remember)

For those that aren't aware of our situation it's one win in 19 league games and stuck at the bottom of the league some points adrift of the safety barrier. Unless we can bring in some new (or old) players very soon we're going to be relegated, it's as simple as that.

Pitman was OK for us, nothing prolific, but he's done far better it would seem since moving over your way and to bring him back in the next window would provide a fighting chance for out team. Sears is adequate but one striker can't do it on his own. Since McGoldrick, Murphy and Waghorn have moved on we've struggled for goals and Bialkowski (goalkeeper) right now is having a poor spell, making too many errors - errors we simply cannot afford.

Looks like you'll be back in the Championship next season, and there's probably other attackers that are capable - but we need to find someone reliable that can come in and help this miserable situation. Pitman is recognised here (with us), knows the club set-up, and some have mentioned it's worth seeing if we could have him back to help in this time of need. We really are a team in trouble, hardly anybody at the club is used to being bottom of the second league and facing a very clear danger of a drop into the third for what could be a first time since the club became of professional standard.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Any chance we could have Pitman back in January

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Who have you got to offer as a fair swap?

As you let us have Matt Clarke and cash for Adam Webster, I would be happy dealing with Ipswich again!
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

I don't think he's your answer I am afraid.
Quantum of Stowmarket
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Quantum of Stowmarket »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:34 pm Who have you got to offer as a fair swap?

As you let us have Matt Clarke and cash for Adam Webster, I would be happy dealing with Ipswich again!
Well it's not so easy to answer as you may think. Simple matter is we have a number of players that aren't playing well enough or showing enough intent such as Bialkowski, Chambers, possibly Ward, Skuse or Knudsen some will argue. Maybe a change of scenery or a new challenge can make them better or restore confidence. They're not bad players for the most part - far from it - they just lost confidence or have become stale. Could work well for another club that's all I'm saying.

Selsey Bill may have a point. Giving it some thought now perhaps Pitman isn't a solution to a problem. Only he was OK here for a time, weighed in with some important contributions and we're in such a state at the moment a number of names look promising. On the off chance Portsmouth have any other players they wish to sell or loan out that can do a job please call our club to make arrangements. Best of luck for the rest of the season, I'll let you get on now.