Arsenal U21

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Arsenal U21

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Pompey win 2 - 1 after 11 changes from Sunday, and into the next round we go.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Arsenal U21

Post by Jack_Tinn »

wow - and the run continues......
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

... and from the reports/tweets I have read we thoroughly deserved it, having played very well. In the words of Neil Allen, Adam May was a revelation, best player on the pitch. Apparently, Louis Dennis also played very well, along with academy youngsters Matt Casey and Freddie Read who more than held their own. Bodes well for the future.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

It's worth remembering that at the start of last season Adam May was first choice in CMF alongside Stuart O'Keefe (ahead of Ben Close & Danny Rose). Pairings drifted after that, and May rather lost his way, but Jackett clearly rates him highly. He would be the most obvious like-for-like replacement if Ben Thompson has to go back to Millwall, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Adam May get first teams chances at some point.

On which point, we are now coming to a critical part of the season. As pitches get heavier and the packed programme takes a toll, a degree of squad rotation is going to be necessary. Jackett is going to have to move away from the stock first eleven more often, and that is going to be the next big test for both the team and Jackett's management.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

I wonder how that team last night would do in League One?
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Earl Grey wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:03 pm I wonder how that team last night would do in League One?
Good question. I watched the game on ifollow last night and whilst I think that the attacking players would do well, the defenders might struggle a bit against the better teams. I don't think that last night's team are that much worse than our side last season, but a better test will be when we are not playing young teams like Spurs and Arsenal. We were noticeably more physical than Arsenal last night, although we also had a fair number of young players. I thought that we were excellent going forward, and were really unlucky not to get more goals. Also, most of the team are short on game time and would improve with more matches.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Looks like Adam May could have had a hat trick of worldies but for the woodwork!
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
OldSpice
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 32 times

Post by OldSpice »

Whether you love or hate this competition, it is certainly bringing some prize money into the club and also giving some of our reserves valuable match time..
PUP
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

OldSpice wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:38 pm Whether you love or hate this competition, it is certainly bringing some prize money into the club and also giving some of our reserves valuable match time..
Spot on Mick :thumb