Charlton

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: Charlton

Post by New Forester »

Despite my expressed optimism, I'm feeling a bit gloomy today. And not about Brexit.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

You would have to say that we were unlucky not to get a point in the end, given the extreme pressure we put on with all those second half scrambles. First half Charlton were superb tactically and competitively unlike any other team down here so far this season e.g. closing down Curtis right down so that he was of little effect, mastering Hawkins by winning all the headers and matching him physically, pressing hard up front with two men closing down Whatmough and Clarke so their clearances were more hurried and they had little time on the ball. Clarke had his most ineffective game for a very long time and Ben Thompson found the going hard physically and could not impose himself on the game at all. The referee found such a physical muscular contest very hard to handle and you do wonder if one or two of these League 1 referees find the pressure from the Fratton Park crowd intimidating and are not up to it. Better off at places like Accrington with 1500 people there.
Fratton End Exile
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Fratton End Exile »

I wonder if officials are so desperate to be seen to be not intimidated by our crowd and then seen to favour us, that they go too far the other way.e and his linesman on the North Stand side were abysmal and gave us nothing.
Our 1st corner they tried to rip Clarkes shirt off and the ref was right there - nothing. Constantly going through Jamal from behind, gave free kick but never booked their player. Their mop headed No 9 goading the Fratton End after 1st goal and persistent fouling - again nothing. Booked their keeper on 89:40 for time wasting - too late then. Even one of the Ball Boys took the mick out of him.
(not even going to mention the red card - pitiful decision)
He was too weak to ref a game of this stature and constantly disrupted our momentum by allowing their time wasting tactics.
Teams tend to mirror their managers, Bowyer was always a niggly little ******....
Vince