Andy Cannon

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Andy Cannon

Post by Berkshire Blue »

It is being reported that we are signing/have signed Andy Cannon from Rochdale from 1/1/19.

Apparently he is a midfielder aged 22 - does anyone know more?
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Andy Cannon

Post by Jack_Tinn »

From what I can glean he is a 22 year old 5' 9" player who has come up from the Rochdale youth system who can play central midfield and at right back.
His contract was extended by 12 months at the end of last season so I guess he is leaving to find a new challenge and some first team football you'd guess.

His scoring record isn't great so he may be more of a combative midfielder who breaks up and starts play rather than a threat to get on the score sheet on an often basis.

I would love to hear what Pompey's plans are for him and to hear from him as to why he chose Pompey as the first move from Rochdale.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

KJ has confirmed the transfer and is reported saying that he sees Cannon as an attacking midfielder who can play in any of the front three midfield attacking roles.

Interesting.

I can see him fitting into the right side of midfield more than the left so maybe this would release Lowe to play a few games through the middle? I also think that Cannon is a midfielder that likes to 'buzz' around the opposition to get the ball back so would fit into the midfielder quite nicely alongside B.Thompson, Evans and Naylor; particularly away from home
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

News suggesting we are getting the kid from Forrest on loan too.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Signing now confirmed on OS. KJ says that he sees him as an attacking midfielder. Has already appeared for Rochdale in the FA Cup and Checkatrade, so will only be available in the League for us this season.