Gillingham.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Gillingham.

Post by New Forester »

So depressing. Typical football. Pompey the better side in general play. Failed to take chances. Opposition take two. Nathan Thompson likely to be out for a few weeks. Not a good day.

Thanks to Radio Solent.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Gillingham.

Post by rumourmonger »

The longer the first half went on and the longer it remained 0-0 , the more I could see them pinching it. And so it was.

Oh well , warning shot across the bows just as we head into the transfer window. Important that we re-inforce the squad in the right areas and move out a couple of players who are not getting game time. Rose and Mason spring to mind immediately. Just a blip hopefully , we move on to Fleetwood.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

We need some teeth up front now... As good as Hawkins is he is very very wasteful and we have very little in the way of replacements on the bench for him / his style.

We don't seem to have a plan b either it's like for like most of the time when it comes to subs.
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

A single defeat such as this is not in isolation a cause for concern, but it does make the Fleetwood game pretty important because if we lose again then alarm bells are bound to start to ring. Christmas period is always crucial and this year will be no different.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

We have played poorly and gotten away with several victories this season. Today we got turned over. We should just be thankful that we have the points we have. No one would have believed we would be top at this point and to be fair, we don't honestly deserve to be there....but we have slid by.

We have problems to resolve, but should be able to enjoy the rest of the season.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

That’s just the way I see it right now. There’s not much to choose between several teams. Luton and Sunderland are the most likely top two. But I’m not putting any money on anyone. Activity during the January window, injuries and Lady Luck will sort it out. But what a great season it is!
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

At half time yesterday I thought we'd go on to win 3-1: we were all over Gillingham and conceded from a moment's complacency from both centre halves. However, we came out a different side and I don't think any of our players covered themselves in glory in the second half. Even the subs made no difference. It was just a bad day at the office. Not to worry though, in the 2002-3 season at least 2 clubs did the double on us and they all played in blue. Leicester was one of them and I think maybe Birmingham also, but I may have just imagined all that! I'm sure someone will put me right.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Did we not get at least a point at the walkers that season? Was a night game and we were in the corner.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

<dj.> wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:19 pm At half time yesterday I thought we'd go on to win 3-1: we were all over Gillingham and conceded from a moment's complacency from both centre halves. However, we came out a different side and I don't think any of our players covered themselves in glory in the second half. Even the subs made no difference. It was just a bad day at the office. Not to worry though, in the 2002-3 season at least 2 clubs did the double on us and they all played in blue. Leicester was one of them and I think maybe Birmingham also, but I may have just imagined all that! I'm sure someone will put me right.
We lost the water polo match 2-0 at home to Leicester, but drew away 1-1. We lost 6 games all season, the others to Norwich, Ipswich and Wimbledon away, and to both Sheffield teams at home.

PS I agree- was very confident we'd come out and turn it round in the second half. Very strange game. Saturday now massive, with a new right back required - please not Anton Walkes. Evans for me.