Jayden Stockley

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Re: Jayden Stockley

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:50 am
No Shot Sherlock wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:15 pm Is anyone else viewing this window as a bit of a test of the owners' resolve/intent?
Not really. At this point we have a good idea of the owners' overall strategy; buy/sign (relatively) young players with upside on sensible wages, either to play for Pompey or be sold on at a profit to enable the club to be run sustainably. The only real exception to this has been Brett Pitman, who was brought in to fill a specific role in a just-promoted team that lacked a goalscorer.

I am confident that the owners will buy players that fit into this strategy if available, but won't go out and sign a big name on high wages just because supporters are demanding that "something is done". Equally, I don't see important players leaving unless the player pushes for it themselves, and even then recent years have suggested that a summer departure is far more likely. Of course, every player has a price and stupid offers will always be considered.

We are in a great position, and it would be a shame to see us fail for the sake of one signing, but who that would be is not clear. However, I don't see the long-term aims being dropped for one roll of the dice.
Isn't that what Sherl was basically saying?
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour