Should I be concerned? (lack of striker)

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Should I be concerned? (lack of striker)

Post by Jack_Tinn »

The Oxford game kicks off in a few minutes and a win will definitely help calm my football nerves. My concern arises because of the fantastic position that Pompey have achieved in the first half of the season but 19 days into the January window I am worried that the club only have 2 strikers on its books with first team experience: Pittman and Hawkins and Pittman is out of favour and form and Hawkins is a foil and not the blade.

Mason has returned to Wolves but no-one has been brought in. The club said they wanted to do their business early but no striker - or even a rumoured striker target - has emerged. The club said they were not competing to sign Jayden Stockley because they had other targets. Well, where are they?

Hawkins was out injured vs Blackpool and Pittman was the only fit striker in the starting eleven or on the bench.....and we lost 1-0 after not taking some good chances. Then Andre Green is called back to Villa after this game which removes a goal scoring threat from the bench at least. So, the club went and signed a striker in the week after......nope. In fact in the next game they dropped Pitman to the bench and perhaps are trying to play either Curtis or Lowe through the middle ....or no-one through the middle (we will see!)

I like the signings of Cannon and Morris but neither addresses the glaring need of this team during this window and they effectively replace Ben Thompson and Rose leaving the squad.

Brown returns from injury today and N.Thompson returns soon and the next two games are cup games so the league can wait for a short time......however, the next game is Luton (a). Hawkins does not sound like he will be fit for the Luton game but fingers crossed.

Pompey please please get 3pts today at Oxford and I would like a striker signing this week please. We are in too much of a good position not too!!
richisbradders
Alan Knight
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Should I be concerned? (lack of striker)

Post by richisbradders »

I would hope regardless of how this game goes we are looking at bringing in a new target man.

Saying that this transfer window is having the same feel of the one last January. But I’m hoping to be proved wrong.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Yes, we should be concerned. At half time 2/0. No Pompey striker...Lowe and Curtis totally ineffective. Should bring on Pitman and Louis for Wheeler and Curtis...currently rubbish again. 8)
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

.,,,,, and luton and Sunderland are winning

Conor Chaplin scores away at Plymouth and Jayden Stockley scores for Preston in the Championship
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Oh dear.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by New Forester »

😩😩 😀
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb