Peterborough

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Peterborough

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Pompey win 1 - 0 with a goal from Wheeler.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Peterborough

Post by Jack_Tinn »

90mins from FP North now
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

Bury, Bristol Rovers and Sunderland left. No Premier Under 21s. Interesting.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Milton End »

Thinking back to the start of this season, who would have thought that we might be one game away from a Wembley final? And in the 4th round of the FA Cup? And top of Div 1?

What a season!

Even if we end up with nothing and still in Div 1, it's still been the best for some time.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

First time at FP for me since the first game of the season, first time in the FE (ever, believe it or not), and quite an extraordinary experience, given that there were only 3K or thereabouts there.

Neither keeper was worked particularly hard. We had the best of the first half, creating 3 or 4 decent opportunities, whilst Peterborough only had 1 - McG tipped the ball onto the bar, with Wheeler appearing from nowhere to block the shot from the rebound.

We started the second half more brightly, Wheeler spooning a shot way over the bar from about 10 yards out.

And then it all went tits-up. Peterborough were all over us, and but for some very solid defending, we'd have lost the game. IN particular, there was one complete melée, where McG made a save, Burgey blocked two follow-up shots, before we hoofed it away.

And then somehow we scored. We got a corner, which Evans played in poorly (I thought, although it could have been a well-rehearsed pre-planned move), but Wheeler managed to flick it, looping over everyone, and in off the underside of the crossbar.

The ref was a bit odd, too, penalising us for some seemingly inoccuous challenges, yet allowing worse ones by the Posh to go unpunished.

He carded Ben Close, justifiably, but about 10 mins previously Burgey had mugged Tomlin right off twice, and Tomlin turned round and hacked him down - free-kick given, yes, but only a bit of a talking-to, no card.

Players I was impressed with:-
Matt Casey, very calm, very assured alongside Burgess, I'd like to see him given a chance in the League.
Burgess and Haunstrup, as always

And....., well no-one else really. Lowe was played on the left, Wheeler should have done better (he also had a chance in the first half). Everyone seems to sing the praises of Mnoga, but he gave the ball away cheaply at times, didn't want to take anyone on. Smith up front didn't see a lot of the ball. Evans was quiet. Dennis, when he came on, looked bright, I s'pose.

Still, it was a game to enjoy, and I persuaded no.1 son, he who refers to Bayern Munich as "we", to come with me and the youngest, so hopefully he'll get bitten by the Fratton bug again.

I just hope we don't get Blunderland in the semi.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:35 pm I just hope we don't get Blunderland in the semi.
Thanks Locky. Probably biased, but Pompey v. Sunderland would be a great final; Wembley full with two lots of L1 fans.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Sunderland final would be good, but I wouldn’t say no to. Home semi final tie against them. Long trip down midweek, never good for anyone.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Pompey Penguin wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:28 pm
Locky_McLockface wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:35 pm I just hope we don't get Blunderland in the semi.
Thanks Locky. Probably biased, but Pompey v. Sunderland would be a great final; Wembley full with two lots of L1 fans.
Agreed.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Bury Away.

To be played last week in February.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Pity we're not at home, but at least we've avoided Sunderland.

Oh, and this......

Official Checkatrade Trophy Tradesperson - social image.png