Omar Bogal.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Omar Bogal.

Post by Pompey1985 »

Happening apprently.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Omar Bogal.

Post by Selsey Bill »

Judging by a photo just seen on Twitter, he's already arrived. Could be a good signing.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Could be a good signing. Especially so, as the last 4 letters of his surname are an anagram of GOAL!
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Confirmed - now on OS:

Pompey have signed striker Omar Bogle on loan from Cardiff for the remainder of the season.
The 25-year-old – who spent the first half of the campaign at Birmingham – will wear the number 22 shirt during his time at Fratton Park.
Blues boss Kenny Jackett said: “We’re very pleased to have Omar and he’s someone that we’ve followed from his early days at Grimsby.
“He’s got pace, he’s got power and a strong left-foot to score goals, so I’m looking forward to working with him.
“It strengthens an area of the pitch where we were lacking in options and he makes a good addition to our front line.”
Bogle began his career in the non-league game with Hinckley and Solihull before signing for Grimsby and netting 38 goals in 78 games.
The former England ‘C’ international then had a short stint with Wigan before Cardiff brought him to Wales in the summer of 2017.
Bogle is the third arrival at Pompey during the January transfer window, following the permanent captures of Andy Cannon and Bryn Morris.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by New Forester »

His recent Birmingham stint is referred to here:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/25719 ... Omar-Bogle

Let’s hope he gets the chance to recapture his Grimsby form!
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Seems like a good signing to me, fits our current style exactly. I remember everyone being after him when at Grimsby, sounds like he hasn't had a good run anywhere since.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 70 times

Post by eltorrro »

And he is not cup tied for FA or Checkatrade so could appear against QPR?? 8)
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

At last, a striker. Let's hope he sees this as an opportunity to revive his career.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

I posted on here 2.5 seasons ago about Omar Bogle

http://thepompeychimes.net/forum/viewto ... le#p873335

He fitted the scheme that Cook was playing at Pompey and ironically he joined Wigan from Grimsby and was there before Cook arrived. He actually scored a few goals for Wigan in the Championship but fell out of favour at Wigan (who admitedly had Toney and Grigg) and then joined Cardiff but again wasn't given a chance to have a run in the side.

He needs a run in the side but is a strong, powerful but skilled forward who can score goals from inside and outside of the box and looks to be able to finish with either foot. I am very happy with this signing - low risk high reward.

I wouldn't want to be a defender facing Bogle, Curtis and Lowe!
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Whilst he isn't cup-tied , I don't believe Bogle can play in the QPR replay. I think I'm right in saying you have to be signed prior to the original game to be eligible for the replay
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

rumourmonger wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:11 pm Whilst he isn't cup-tied , I don't believe Bogle can play in the QPR replay. I think I'm right in saying you have to be signed prior to the original game to be eligible for the replay
gold star to Mr Rumourmonger. Rule 15(f) of the rules of the competition state:

"All players must have been eligible to play in the original tie in order to play in a replayed or
postponed match; however a player who has been suspended according to the disciplinary
procedures under the Rules of The Association may play in a postponed or replayed match
after the term of his suspension has expired".

So Jamal Lowe is eligible to play in the replay but Bogle is not. If we win next week in west London then Bogle is eligible I believe to play vs Watford.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

He doesn't look too bad. Big. Powerful. Uncompromising I'd say.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

RubiconCSL wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:07 pm Could be a good signing. Especially so, as the last 4 letters of his surname are an anagram of GOAL!
Not if you spell his name correctly.....
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour