Doncaster

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Doncaster

Post by New Forester »

I was really depressed at half time. Such a disappointing performance again. Terrible first goal. Two errors combined to present an easy goal. Bogle didn’t live up to his early promise. Pity to single anyone out, so many seemed off form. Vaughan livened things up in the second half and the goal gave us hope but we simply didn’t do enough to win. Once again we were generally outplayed in midfield.
It’s looking like we will have to be satisfied with the play offs. But then again the new recruits might gel and help us with a late run.
Got home in time for the rugby second half. Come on England. 😃😃😃
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Doncaster

Post by Pompey1985 »

I don't understand why we seemingly keep dicking about with the formation.
Hamburg Skate
Paul Merson

Post by Hamburg Skate »

Shockingly Bad today. Enuff Said!
Brexit....Voted for it...Sorry i was wrong.
Fratton End Exile
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Fratton End Exile »

That was the 1st 'must win' game of the season, so why do we start with 3 defensive midfielders??

We lump the ball up to a big man, who due to the height of the 'pass' can only flick it on to the attacking midfielder running past him, oh that's right there isn't one.......

Jackett really needs to sort his tactics out or we won't even make the playoffs.

First half was woeful, just woeful.
Vince
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

I know I wasn't at the game, and things look very different to the TV highlights, but I don't think that Burgess made a huge mistake for their goal - sure he could have attacked the ball as it landed but if he misjudged that then the striker would have been clean through anyway. McG in my mind was more at fault for being slow off his line.