Everything Conspiring Against Us!

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Everything Conspiring Against Us!

Post by streetrifle »

Is it me or are being hit by the most incredible bad luck since Christmas? It started with the blow of Ben Thompson being recalled, which set off a chain of all our loans being recalled en masse. To cap that we go and get another set of loans and immediately four of them- Solomon-Otobar, Isgrove, Cannon, Morris - get injured in training and we are down to playing our only midfielders Close and May at QPR. Add to that the inevitable suspensions particularly that of Naylor which is another blow. Add to that injury to Hawkins which hit us hard , and now with the transfer window just closed the great blow of losing Whatmough.

You really couldn't make it up. What chance do we stand!
Donald J Trump
Martin Kuhl

Re: Everything Conspiring Against Us!

Post by Donald J Trump »

Tell me about it!
Everybody is conspiring against me too.
Apparently though, you can just make this stuff up....Its called FAKE NEWS.
Make America Great Again
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Everything Conspiring Against Us!

Post by Weybridge »

streetrifle wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:05 am Is it me or are being hit by the most incredible bad luck since Christmas? It started with the blow of Ben Thompson being recalled, which set off a chain of all our loans being recalled en masse. To cap that we go and get another set of loans and immediately four of them- Solomon-Otobar, Isgrove, Cannon, Morris - get injured in training and we are down to playing our only midfielders Close and May at QPR. Add to that the inevitable suspensions particularly that of Naylor which is another blow. Add to that injury to Hawkins which hit us hard , and now with the transfer window just closed the great blow of losing Whatmough.

You really couldn't make it up. What chance do we stand!
Not strictly true, but I agree luck isn’t with us right now.

The loanees needed to have been eligible for the first tie against QPR. You can’t loan players for a replay, even if they’re not cuptied.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."