What a load of...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

What a load of...

Post by eltorrro »

...'sheite'!! I am so angry at KJ. Why, oh why didn't he use his other subs? What has Curtis got on KJ that he doesn't sub/drop him? Today he was even worse than he has been all season. Surely he needs to give his new boys a run out, otherwise what was the point of signing them? There were some really poor performances by Pompey today:
Evans (3)... totally ineffective (should have been replaced at half time by Vaughan)
Thompson (5)...outplayed by Carey
Lowe (4) not in the game at all
Bogle (5) tried by out of position a lot of the time
Morris (4) just not good enough
....and some good ones:
Burgess (7) effective most of the time
Clarke (7) his usual solid self
Close (8) my MOM. At least he tried to boss the midfield but had very little help. Good goal from him.
I would not be at all surprised if Pompey drop out of the play off group over the next 5/6 matches if KJ sticks with this team and setup. I really don't think it works with the lone striker especially when there is no service or backup. Something must change...and soon!! 8)
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Re: What a load of...

Post by PakefieldBlue »

It certainly does look like a change in tactics is needed - our success in the first half of the season came from the form of Lowe and Curtis. Now that they aren't performing in the same way it's leaving us without an attacking threat. Either change them or change the system.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I was at the game today, as many may appreciate. We were seated in the "Home" section virtually in line with the goal line at the away end (Barne Park end). I did not think it was a bad game. It was a "cat & mouse" game with Pompey happy to let them have possession which they did little with until the 10 minutes after they equalised. The first half was pretty tame with Pompey having the better of the play. I liked the look of Morris, Burgess & Close in my opinion played well. Close`s goal was a low shot from outside the area. I thought Curtis had a better game and went close with a couple of shots. Bogle was very hissy and ineffective. He should have scored with the `one on one` where he was injured and then taken off, Lowe was not very good! Evans was Ok I thought, he was energetic and a key part of a midfield that competed well. The defence was rarely seriously troubled, although Carey had the better of Thompson. It was never a foul for the scoring free kick (which was exceptional). A draw was probably a fair result and I think most of us would have taken that before the game. As my Argyle supporting friends kept reminding me Argyle were top of the "Form" over the last 6 or 7 games.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

What?????? Which game were you at PLBlue20??? Did you really think Curtis 'had a better game'....a better game than what? A third division Sunday League player?? And how can you possibly praise Evans or Morris? Please...if our new players are not better than them we might just as well give up now. Things have got to change now or we will drop down this league like a stone. 8)
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

You were watching a different game to me. I went with an open mind. The last game I saw live was at Rochdale in the Cup and we were bad ( with Ben Thompson & Whatmough in the team). We were better today. You can`t even get my nom de plume correct
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

You see...that's why life, discussion is so interesting! You watched the match, I watched the the match and we come away with differing views so we obviously perceive things differently. Like your nom de plume...you view it as BlueinPL20 whereas I write it as PLBlue20 (which is Blue in PL20)!!! Simples!! May we long differ and discuss. PUP 8)
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

I loved this exchange. I often read opinions about matches I’ve watched which differ completely from mine. Most match results are not determined by general play but by the fraction of an inch on a players boot.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb