Three changes at Southend

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Three changes at Southend

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Walkes for Thompson, Solomon-Otabor for Curtis and Hawkins for Evans.

Looks like a 4 4 2.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Three changes at Southend

Post by PakefieldBlue »

I'm excited for it, good to see some changes of personnel and tactics. I'm going for us to win 3-2.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Good first half, not that pretty overall but the goals were well worked. Should have been 4 as Bogle was not offside.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Not changing the midfield two cost us there. Gave them free rein of the midfield in that second half.
Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Pompeymack »

3 goals up and we end up with a draw, what a shocking result. Well done to Southend for playing to the final whistle.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Shocking second half. Southend showed us how to play football after the break e.g. on the floor. All we did was pump long balls up to Hawkins who battled away but it meant we gave the ball away all the time. Another game when we only played well in one half.

I think we'll make the play offs, and that is progress, but it's beginning to feel quite flat.
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

The bus is now immobile on piles of bricks. The wheels are nowhere to be seen, probably being used a trophies by the Essex boys.
Shameful and spineless.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Just seems like a team that no longer believes they are going to win. Even at 0-3 up, they are trying to hang on rather than continue to play. At this point it is all in the mind, and their heads have gone.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

The second half was truly and distressingly awful, like a slow motion car crash, and the complete opposite of the first half an hour. We seemed to be second to every ball - are we less fit than other teams, or is our confidence and resolve not up to the mark? Where are our leaders on the pitch who are going to demand better when we come under pressure - I didn't see any in the second half. I am getting a bit fed up with seeing us lump the ball in the air, only to see it lost and come straight back again.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

PakefieldBlue wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:53 am I'm excited for it, good to see some changes of personnel and tactics. I'm going for us to win 3-2.
Near!
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:05 pm The second half was truly and distressingly awful, like a slow motion car crash, and the complete opposite of the first half an hour. We seemed to be second to every ball - are we less fit than other teams, or is our confidence and resolve not up to the mark? Where are our leaders on the pitch who are going to demand better when we come under pressure - I didn't see any in the second half. I am getting a bit fed up with seeing us lump the ball in the air, only to see it lost and come straight back again.

The first 5 minutes or so we looked pretty clueless - could and should been out of site before the second half kicked off though.

They should have been bouncing after being three up instead they went to pieces what was said to them? Where is the leader?

Would today have happened with Tom Naylor?