Checkatrade Trophy v. Bury

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Checkatrade Trophy v. Bury

Post by streetrifle »

The interesting thing for me is what sort of side Jackett will field OR is allowed to field as per the rules of this competition.

The rules state: at least six of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced; and no more than two players who are aged 21 or over and have made 40 or more appearances in a First Team Fixture (either in the starting elven or as a playing substitute)

Seems to me that Jackett has little choice but to use the same group that have played in the previous rounds. But that goes for Bury as well of course.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Checkatrade Trophy v. Bury

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Are you sure that the rule you mentioned does not just apply to the Premier league teams in the competition?
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

I think you have got it backwards. I am sure that I have posted these before, but...

7 Players

7.1 In all rounds of the Competition a player shall be a “registered player” of his Club.

7.2 For the EFL Clubs, a registered player is one who:

7.2.1 would be registered and eligible to participate in a match in the League Competition for that EFL Club commencing at the same time and on the same date as the Match in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations; or

7.2.2 would be so eligible but for the fact that they are registered on a Long Term Loan at a club playing in the National League (National Division, North Division or South Division) but by the agreement of the Club, the National League club and the Player he has permission to return to play in this Competition.

7.3 Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4 Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

In any case, I think the original question is interesting, if viewed slightly differently. At what point does Jackett decide that this is an important competition in the context of the season as a whole? By that I mean does he start to pick basically a first team, or does he continue to show faith and fairness to the players that have got us this far? What about if we got to Wembley?
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

I think he's said in the media today that he will field a full strength 11.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

On Sky tonight. As usual I might be the last to discover this.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Not the last. I was expecting to watch it on ifollow.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Jackett has come out and said that he will not be starting May, Dennis and Haunstrup who have all previously started in this competition. Feel for them, they've been good and I'm sure will be disappointed. I suppose the thought process behind a full-strength eleven is that a trip to Wembley, and possibly some silverware, might take the focus away from a fooked up promotion push!!
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Try hesgoal.com.
New Forester wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:50 am On Sky tonight. As usual I might be the last to discover this.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Mickemo »

Bury passing it about with confidence...
Evans looks off the pace (to me anyway) as does Curtis
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Up until tonight I thought that Tom Naylor was the most unreliable passer in our team, but I now see that there are other contenders.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

Bury looked a very good side in the first half. Pompey steady but still too many errors. After supporting Pompey for over 70 years I would have thought I would have become less nervous watching them by now. But no, it’s as bad as ever. Dread the thought of penalties. Where’s that whisky?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

You would best have two whiskies.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mickemo »

3 nil up...didnt see that coming in the 2nd half. PUP !!
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mickemo »

Wembley Wembley we're on our way to Wembley !!