Wembley Tickets

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Wembley Tickets

Post by blue architect »

Well that was not the most pleasant experience - i'm sure it was easier for the FA Cup.
As I have a disabled son we were going for three adults, one child, one disabled and one carer. It seems the carer or disabled get a discount but only over the phone, so started phoning at 1.00pm. It was constantly engaged. Got to about 3.00pm of constant trying and decided to give the internet option a try - oh well will have to pay full price but what the hell.
Jeez there was no way of getting six together, we finally got two lots of three but up in the Gods as all other areas were down to singles or pairs and most, although showing available, could not be booked as obviously others had reserved them in their baskets.
Still finally got them and really looking forward to going back to our spiritual home.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: Wembley Tickets

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Like a number of "Posters" on here I was a contributor to two syndicates. Therefore there should be the possibility of twelve tickets available, I do not qualify until later in the process and would therefore like at least one of those Syndicate tickets. Suggestions (polite please)!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

I read with much interest the stories of local supporters trying to get Wembley tickets. Imagine then what it's like for me, an expat, living permanently here in Spain. Born and bred, lifelong supporter of Pompey obviously can't get to many games but am a subscriber of iFollow and watch every Pompey game. However, under the rules made by Mr Catlin and judging by comments on this and other sites, there is absolutely no chance that I will be attending Wembley with my granddaughter. That is sad, not only for me, but for her and the club who need new lifeblood like her...a good footballer by the way. Under the current management it does not seem possible for people like me to obtain tickets whereas when it was supporter run I was able to contact the club who supplied me with my requirements...pity that scenario cannot continue. Perhaps they could consider iFollow subscribers as 'Half Season Ticket Holders' and reward us accordingly in proportion?

So, I wish my club well but will be watching the match in the sterile atmosphere on TV. 8)
FatBlueAde
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Post by FatBlueAde »

eltorrro wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:22 am I read with much interest the stories of local supporters trying to get Wembley tickets. Imagine then what it's like for me, an expat, living permanently here in Spain. Born and bred, lifelong supporter of Pompey obviously can't get to many games but am a subscriber of iFollow and watch every Pompey game. However, under the rules made by Mr Catlin and judging by comments on this and other sites, there is absolutely no chance that I will be attending Wembley with my granddaughter. That is sad, not only for me, but for her and the club who need new lifeblood like her...a good footballer by the way. Under the current management it does not seem possible for people like me to obtain tickets whereas when it was supporter run I was able to contact the club who supplied me with my requirements...pity that scenario cannot continue. Perhaps they could consider iFollow subscribers as 'Half Season Ticket Holders' and reward us accordingly in proportion?

So, I wish my club well but will be watching the match in the sterile atmosphere on TV. 8)

Got to agree and feel for all of that......and I only live in Norwich!

Still will be trying (and grovelling) to get tickets, would make my 9 year olds year. Here's hoping.
Living in exile thinking Blue
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

It was an absolute nightmare trying to get the tickets I wanted. I have 5 season tickets and only wanted 5 together - not a lot to ask, you'd think, but ended up getting together in the end. I do understand why the club did it, but not sure allowing each season ticket holder 6 tickets was the brightest move. Anyway, there are still quite a lot available in the upper tiers so I think they will end up on general sale. Interestingly, just seen that Sunderland have sold out their allocation today.
FatBlueAde
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Post by FatBlueAde »

Here's hoping.
Living in exile thinking Blue