Unlucky..

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unlucky..

Post by eltorrro »

...Barnsley get goal last kick of game against Walsall. Well played Walsall. 8)
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Unlucky..

Post by New Forester »

A typical football match. Walsall had several clear cut chances. None taken. Right at the end a ball bounces kindly. 1-0 to Barnsley. If that hadn’t gone in, and they hadn’t got that winner against Pompey after a dubious free kick the gap would be two points with Pompey a game in hand.

And one other thing. How often do we hear that a goalkeeper has made a brilliant save? Most such cases meant that they couldn’t have got out of the way from a ball struck at them from close range.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

New Forester wrote:A typical football match. Walsall had several clear cut chances. None taken. Right at the end a ball bounces kindly. 1-0 to Barnsley. If that hadn’t gone in, and they hadn’t got that winner against Pompey after a dubious free kick the gap would be two points with Pompey a game in hand.

And one other thing. How often do we hear that a goalkeeper has made a brilliant save? Most such cases meant that they couldn’t have got out of the way from a ball struck at them from close range.
Barnsley never got a winner against us New Forest, either up there or down here. We did miss a pen against them, that & allowing Southend to come back from 3-0 down has done for our Auto hopes I reckon. But hey ho we keep going & you never know.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

I had a senior moment! I was confusing my memory of the late Luton winner. The Final is on Saturday isn't it? :thumb
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb