FA Cup semi-final attendances

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

FA Cup semi-final attendances

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Okay, with so many big games coming up, I can kind of understand Man City struggling to sell their allocation, but Wolves, Watford and Brighton?
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: FA Cup semi-final attendances

Post by Selsey Bill »

I'm pretty sure Brighton, Wolves and Watford all sold their allocations? Just not City.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

If so, why all the empty seats? Can't all have been Club Wembley stay aways.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Maybe City fans (quite rightly probably) were so confident of making the final, that why bother with a semi-final? Even if they had somehow lost, it's not like Pompey getting to an FA Cup semi at Wembley, where it may never happen again. They've still got lots of games for them to spend their money on - this season alone.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

well they sure missed a great Wolves Watford game. My guess is its the namby pamby freeloaders with FA feebies that couldn't be arsed because it wasn't Mn utd / Liverpool / Chelski etc etc
Div III. Call it what it is.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Whilst Man City are one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, many of their fans are not well off. Going to football matches is an an expensive business so you can understand why City didn't sell their allocation as they have so many games coming up and are in so many competitions still. I totted up what it cost me to take my family to Wembley last weekend and for the tickets, travel, food and drink it was somewhere between £450 and £500. Our 5 season tickets were less than double that!
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Selsey Bill wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:41 pm Whilst Man City are one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, many of their fans are not well off. Going to football matches is an an expensive business so you can understand why City didn't sell their allocation as they have so many games coming up and are in so many competitions still. I totted up what it cost me to take my family to Wembley last weekend and for the tickets, travel, food and drink it was somewhere between £450 and £500. Our 5 season tickets were less than double that!
Serves ya right for going into Boxpark.

We had a hot dog from a street stall, and a bottle of water and a Waitrose cookie, brought from home, eaten in Lidl car park, and it was a lot cheaper.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

You were lucky to have a Waitrose cookie! There were 250 of us watchin' from shoe box, in't middle 'o road....
Locky_McLockface wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:39 pm
Selsey Bill wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:41 pm Whilst Man City are one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, many of their fans are not well off. Going to football matches is an an expensive business so you can understand why City didn't sell their allocation as they have so many games coming up and are in so many competitions still. I totted up what it cost me to take my family to Wembley last weekend and for the tickets, travel, food and drink it was somewhere between £450 and £500. Our 5 season tickets were less than double that!

We had a hot dog from a street stall, and a bottle of water and a Waitrose cookie, brought from home, eaten in Lidl car park, and it was a lot cheaper.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Cardboard shoe-box?

RubiconCSL wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:54 pm You were lucky to have a Waitrose cookie! There were 250 of us watchin' from shoe box, in't middle 'o road....
Locky_McLockface wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Div III. Call it what it is.