How are you feeling ahead of tonight's game?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

How are you feeling ahead of tonight's game?

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Me, I'm nervous and think it could end in a draw.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: How are you feeling ahead of tonight's game?

Post by pompeygunner »

Nervy 2-1 win to take it to the final day.
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Peterborough have become a little unpredictable lately. They've knackered my predictions in the LaLa League on several occasions. It will all depend on which Posh team turn up. If it's the " We're not going to make the play offs so what's the point" team then we should be okay. But if they've had a rollicking from Darren Ferguson after Saturday , and i suspect they will have , then it could be a different story. In Maddison and Godden they have two very dangerous players at this level and we will do well to keep those two quiet. I'm still going for a 2-1 win but it ain't gonna be a cake walk.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Nervous. I thought we looked tired and leggy on Saturday, and that game will undoubtedly have taken a lot out of our players. Mind you, they have to travel to us which is a help. Not sure whether Kenny will look to freshen it up tonight with the likes of Viv and Omar available, or whether he will stick with his tried and trusted lineup. I also think the home crowd could have a big part to play tonight. They were much better against Coventry than they have been of late, so fingers crossed for our 12th man to play his part.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

Always confused about best time to leave for an evening match. M27 at a peak period can be a nightmare. I always assume we are going to lose. Helps me to stay calm. I used to relax if we ever got a 3 goal lead. Not any more!
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

New Forester wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:29 am Always confused about best time to leave for an evening match. M27 at a peak period can be a nightmare. I always assume we are going to lose. Helps me to stay calm. I used to relax if we ever got a 3 goal lead. Not any more!
I am invariably late for Tuesday night games as have to pick up one of my sons from work at 6.30pm in the Weybridge area. Remember one game a few years back when we got into the ground at about 5 minutes after kick off and missed the only goal in the game. Barcham I seem to recall scored it. Still, I'd take that tonight!!!
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

Always nervy, but confident of winning.
One of the top two will loose on Saturday so automatic promotion is inevitable. 8)
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Pessimistic; always pessimistic.
FatBlueAde
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by FatBlueAde »

Blooming nervous........with elements of optimism towards a win......tempered by bouts of pessimism borne of a lifetime being a Pompey supporter. So much riding on a win, with a prayer to results going the right way on Saturday. Usually stuff really 🤣
Living in exile thinking Blue