Predictions against Accrington?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Richard G
Collins Mbesuma

Predictions against Accrington?

Post by Richard G »

Stats show a 2-1 win and have to agree. Ladbrokes are paying 1.44 with a £30 freebet - https://www.betseven.net/football-betti ... ccrington/
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Predictions against Accrington?

Post by New Forester »

A draw? Then still third unless Sunderland win and Charlton don’t win by three clear goals. Lose and finish 5th? Or 4th due to other results? We might even win and can sleep well tonight. Prediction? Haven’t a clue.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

The play offs are a bit of a crap shoot. Maybe we will rest some players today. Smells like 0-0
Div III. Call it what it is.
Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Pompeymack »

Wow Charlton are 3-0 up, hope we don’t end up getting them in the playoffs. We only seem to turn up second half.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Choke. Stanley 1 up. As things stand Charlton will finish 3rd.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Charlton 4-0 up - drops us down to 4th as it stands. I can't work out if that's good or bad. We still avoid Charlton in the first play-off I guess, either way.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric

Post by Pompeymack »

RubiconCSL wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:10 pm Charlton 4-0 up - drops us down to 4th as it stands. I can't work out if that's good or bad. We still avoid Charlton in the first play-off I guess, either way.
We’ll end up with Sunderland who will want revenge for the checkatrade final. I was hoping to get Doncaster.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Well, I'm happy to at least avoid Charlton over 2 legs.
We've done well against Sunderland and their form has dipped, as ours has. We also get the advantage (as slim as it is) of playing the home leg second.
Doncaster could be the unknown and may do us a favour and beat Charlton.
We also then have to play Charlton once t most and on neutral ground - where we seem to do quite well.
All in all, it could have been worse.

The league does pretty fairly reflect the season too. 4th place seems a fair finish to me.
Pompeymack wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:25 pm
RubiconCSL wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:10 pm Charlton 4-0 up - drops us down to 4th as it stands. I can't work out if that's good or bad. We still avoid Charlton in the first play-off I guess, either way.
We’ll end up with Sunderland who will want revenge for the checkatrade final. I was hoping to get Doncaster.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

RubiconCSL wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:28 pm Well, I'm happy to at least avoid Charlton over 2 legs.
We've done well against Sunderland and their form has dipped, as ours has. We also get the advantage (as slim as it is) of playing the home leg second.
We also then have to play Charlton once t most and on neutral ground - where we seem to do quite well.

The league does pretty fairly reflect the season too. 4th place seems a fair finish to me.

[quote=Pompeymack post_id=889548 time=<a href="tel:1556994306">1556994306</a> user_id=235]
[quote=RubiconCSL post_id=889547 time=<a href="tel:1556993418">1556993418</a> user_id=3]
Charlton 4-0 up - drops us down to 4th as it stands. I can't work out if that's good or bad. We still avoid Charlton in the first play-off I guess, either way.
[/quote]
[/quote]

It does mean we go to Sunderland on a Saturday, while they have to travel south for a Friday night fixture.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

Let's face it. Predictions are pointless. 7 wins in a row. Then 2 points from 9. Who would have predicted that? Roll on the end of May. A few weeks of relaxation.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric

Post by Pompeymack »

RubiconCSL wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:28 pm Well, I'm happy to at least avoid Charlton over 2 legs.

Pompeymack wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:25 pm
Also a guy I work with is a Sunderland fan and I’ve been giving him a bit of stick since Wembley. I Sent him an email before the match at the sol thanking him for his help and the 3 points on the Saturday.

Hoping it doesn’t come back and bite me in the bum.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Poor game really yesterday, couldn't get excited @ all. We were way below par & nearly got defeated. Lowe is obviously a huge player for us so resting him sort of makes sense. Thought Curtis played well when he came on, Ben Close overall played well & was so unlucky with the effort against the woodwork. VSO was woeful, got no football brain @ all. If only he had one because he is very quick. Olli worried me-looks completely shagged out & his replacement Bogle was poor. Morris did a impersonation of the invisible man-he needs to do more, much more because everytime I've seen him he's disappeared for long spells.
Defensively we were all over the shop @ times. Giving the ball away, skewed clearances. They were all guilty of it, even Clarke & Burgess. Just hope they've got it out of their system now.
I didn't hang around for the lap of honour as I was starving tks to the crazy k.o. time.