Sunderland Predictions.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Sunderland Predictions.

Post by Pompey1985 »

1-1 away
1-2 at home (AET).

Lowe scores both our goals. Will Grigg scores the decider for them in extra time after an awful start to his Sunderland career.

Donny Sunderland final, and Donny win overall.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Sunderland Predictions.

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Absolutely no idea - anything could happen, and knowing Pompey it probably will!
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

0-0 away
2-1 home
Pompey v Addicks final 1-0 Pompey.....hooray!
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

We've been in the play offs twice before and each time the Fratton Park leg has finished 2-2 and we've lost the away leg 1-0. What are the odds on it happening again ?
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

1-1 up there, 2-1 to us down here. Reckon there could be red cards as well-especially up there.
richisbradders
Alan Knight
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richisbradders »

I actually fancy us against these lot over the 2 legs, got my home and away tickets today too.

1-1
3-1
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

My prediction is that we'll beat Sunderland over the two legs (0-0 away then 2-0 at home) in bad tempered games. Then sadly fall at the final hurdle to Charlton (on pens).

Hope the last bit is wrong, I'm just pessimistic about play off games!
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Nothing good ever happens to teams from the NE.
comfortable winners home and away for the good guys.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Fratton End Exile
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Fratton End Exile »

draw up there 1-1, win the home leg 2-1. Donny to surprise Charlton over the 2 legs and we beat Donny at our home in the North :thumb
Vince
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

I think it will be 1-1 up at theirs, them taking the lead and us equalising late, and then beat them 3-1 down at the park, i believe there will certainly be a red card, i suspect for them up at theirs as i think we will frustrate the hell out of them but i wouldn't discount one at each game !!

Either way, the atmosphere up at theirs will be quite hostile, and our team needs to keep their crowd on their backs, i expect it to be a cracker down at ours.

PUP
Heaven's Light Our Guide
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Already not looking forward to the first leg at Stadium of Light. Being a former local league referee's appointment secretary I have an interest in who our officials will be for these games. Our referee for the game at Sunderland is Andy Woolmer. Now the site that i get my information from is populated by people "in the know" in the refereeing world and judging by their comments on the article it is not a popular appointment .

"Wow, some of those League 1 appointments look pretty dreadful."

"By general consensus on here Woolmer has been pretty 💩 all season so how on earth does he get a play off match? Beggars belief. There’s not been much praise for Ollie Langford either, Come to think of it.Who makes these appointments and on what basis?"

"I can't believe Woolmer has been appointed to any of these games. He's been dreadful every time I've seen him."

"Not only Woolmer but James Mainwaring gave an absolutely diabolical display of lining on Sunday, failing to spot Leeds players offside time after time. When he eventually noticed one in about the 80th minute, the cheer rivalled those for the goals."

"Garbage appointments...."

"Worth noting that the Sunderland v Pompey fixture a few weeks back attracted some heavy artillery from SG1 in Pawson, and then to give probably an even bigger fixture in the circumstances to Woolmer, who made a right dogs dinner of the Sunderland v Doncaster match a few weeks ago, amongst other matches, is complete tosh. "

The only saving grace seems to be that the reverse fixture at Fratton on the Thursday has Peter Bankes as the referee whose appointment meets with universal approval and he is also the referee who did the Pompey / Sunderland league fixture just before Christmas.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Don't know anything about Woolmer but Langford is useless. He reffed the play off 1st leg v Plymouth down here & let them get away with murder, Hollands ended up with a hairline fracture, Evans with knee ligament damage & one of theirs nutted one of ours right in front of him. He did nothing. He can fook off & I know he reffed again @ FP but honestly I hope he never ventures onto the FP pitch ever again. Gutless, useless official.
FatBlueAde
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by FatBlueAde »

A nervy 1-1 oop north followed by a crowd-roaring 2-0 back home.
Living in exile thinking Blue
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Hard to call both ties. I can see Sunderland nicking it 1-0 or 2-1 up at theirs, but us winning 2-1 at ours. I think it will go to extra time and then penalties. Got a sneaky feeling we might just win again on that basis.
Everyone is writing off Doncaster, but I think they might beat Charlton, and then we'll beat them at Wembley. Having played there once already this season is a massive plus for our players.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

It's interesting to see that we still haven't sold out our allocation for the away leg. I guess the cost involved in another trip to Sunderland so soon after the last one is putting people off. Not a cheap hobby!