Well done Liverpool!

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Well done Liverpool!

Post by New Forester »

Who would have believed it? And fully deserved.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Well done Liverpool!

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Not sure who is writing the scripts for the prem and the chumps league but holy cow!!

Incredible stuff
Div III. Call it what it is.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

A bloke in the pub tonight was happy. He'd backed Liverpool to win 4-0 tonight with £50 at 40/1 (and no, he didn't buy everyone a drink!).
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Unbelievable game. I was stuck to the screen the full 90 minutes. Thoroughly deserved win, especially over the two legs. Milner was outstanding again; surely he must be as old as Kanu - he seems to have been around forever!

Very emotional at the end with the singing. I bet that will be a night they'll talk about for years to come.

Could we see an all English final?
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

RubiconCSL wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:35 am Unbelievable game. I was stuck to the screen the full 90 minutes. Thoroughly deserved win, especially over the two legs. Milner was outstanding again; surely he must be as old as Kanu - he seems to have been around forever!

Very emotional at the end with the singing. I bet that will be a night they'll talk about for years to come.

Could we see an all English final?
It could easily be an all-English Champs League final AND an all-English Europa final.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Ajax looked very good against a 'tired' Spurs who have lost their strike force, so I think it would take another monumental night for them.

I have always begrudged Liverpool since that semi Final.....but you have to hand it to them, it was an exceedingly good come back and yes, nice to have the fans singing with the players at the end.....brought some nostalgia to the occasion and maybe tightened the bonds between players and fans.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

uspompeyfan wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:36 pm Ajax looked very good against a 'tired' Spurs who have lost their strike force, so I think it would take another monumental night for them.

I have always begrudged Liverpool since that semi Final.....but you have to hand it to them, it was an exceedingly good come back and yes, nice to have the fans singing with the players at the end.....brought some nostalgia to the occasion and maybe tightened the bonds between players and fans.
Spurs' form has dipped alarmingly over the last few weeks, and as you say Ajax looked good. As well all know, they despatched Real in the last round - but no-one gave Liverpool any chance before last night. Who knows....
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour