Sunderland

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Sunderland

Post by New Forester »

Let's hope we have seen the last of them.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/a ... s.1473445/

Strange match. Sunderland played better yet Pompey created and missed all the chances.In the end, we finished in the place we deserved. Fact is, we are not yet good enough for the Championship.

Have a great summer!
Last edited by New Forester on Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Sunderland

Post by PakefieldBlue »

We looked bang average over both games didn't we, some significant changes needed in the team - likely to be funded by the sale of Matt Clarke.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

PakefieldBlue wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:48 pm We looked bang average over both games didn't we, some significant changes needed in the team - likely to be funded by the sale of Matt Clarke.
I don't have the confidence we'll have that much to spend. Am I the only person who doesn't think the Eisners are all that? I think it will be a small warchest and another 'almost' season next year
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

As I said elsewhere, now let's concentrate on the really important stuff, and get a contract in place to build a 21st century Stadium that will provide the revenue streams to fund sustainable growth.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

uspompeyfan wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:15 pm
PakefieldBlue wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:48 pm We looked bang average over both games didn't we, some significant changes needed in the team - likely to be funded by the sale of Matt Clarke.
I don't have the confidence we'll have that much to spend. Am I the only person who doesn't think the Eisners are all that? I think it will be a small warchest and another 'almost' season next year
I think that they are probably loving the involvement in an English football team and all that goes with it, but don't want to lose much of their personal wealth in the process (can't blame them I guess). So it is a 5 year plan to get to the Championship, improvements to the ground bit by bit (but no radical overhaul), and enjoy the ride!
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Jackett is a dinosaur.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:22 pm As I said elsewhere, now let's concentrate on the really important stuff, and get a contract in place to build a 21st century Stadium that will provide the revenue streams to fund sustainable growth.
I think this is spot on NSS, i suspect that this outcome has fallen into their hands/plans. As much as it would have nice to go up, we don't have the team currently to survive in the Championship and i don't think we would have got the investment to either.

I think this fits in more with their plans for longevity, get the stadium built and then concentrate on the football more, i think we will have another couple of years where we are yet. But in the end this may prove to be the only sustainable way to do it.

PUP
Heaven's Light Our Guide