General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, lakespfc, Chris_in_LA, Admin, General Mods

By Bateson87
Just been told by a mate that works at the club that A fee has been agreed with Middlesbrough believed to be around 4.5 million pounds and Lowe will travel up soon to have a medical.
By New Forester
Since the estimated value of the entire squad at the beginning of this last season was £4.5 million it just shows what a good season we had!
By Pompey Penguin
Wow. If true, that's about triple what I expected. Couldn't turn it down. (FWIW, I had Lowe at £1.5M and Clarke at £3M, plus sell-on clauses for both).
By BlueinPLtwenty
Are Middlesbrough going to commit to a large fee like that when they have no Manager at present?
By Locky_McLockface
I will be happy to be proven wrong by events, but I'm calling "wind-up" on this post.
By Pompeymack
I’d be happy with that figure if a large portion went back in the transfer kitty.
By Bateson87
Pompey1985 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:46 pm
Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Will get games a Wigan
But my mate said Middlesbrough have agreed fee just waiting for the club to announce manager first before announcing any players
By uspompeyfan
Bateson87 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:38 pm
Pompey1985 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:46 pm
Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Will get games a Wigan
But my mate said Middlesbrough have agreed fee just waiting for the club to announce manager first before announcing any players
WADR Bateson, your first posts are that we are selling Lowe to a club without a manager. No manager would come into a club having had a large chunk of his war chest spent on a player he hadn't requested. I feel that the price is right, but the club is more likely to be Leeds or Wigan TBH.

Thanks for posting though and this isn't meant to discourage you from posting more.
By rumourmonger
I think that if and when Lowe goes, the fee will be nearer the £2m to £2.5m mark rather than £4m. I know we all think he's the bees knees but I can't see too many Championship clubs willing to splash out that sort of cash on a bloke who only a couple of years ago was playing for Hampton & Richmond and working part time as a PE teacher.
By Weybridge
If £4.5m is true, then I’d say it could well be in lieu of a sell-on fee.
How blue are you?

Being 8000 miles away, I don't go these days and h[…]

Jackett and Wolves...Deja Vu?!

1969 wow, I can understand why promotion this ye[…]

Mother.

Week 13 latest and result thread

HTH table P W D L F A GD Pts That's Rich 8 6 0 2[…]