2 new players.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

2 new players.

Post by Pompeymack »

Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: 2 new players.

Post by Pompey1985 »

On the snooze site as well.

Seems like we are picking up a few youngsters from Ireland, was one last summer as well and that Croatian goalkeeper.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Over the last six years, we have slowly developed a reputation as a club that gives people a chance. Non-league (Hawkins, Lowe), Irish League (Curtis) and our own academy players have all had a fair opportunity to succeed or fail, and many have succeeded. Whilst this might be down to necessity given our playing budgets, it also shows the club in a good light. It is an important consideration when players are signing. (I accept that Louis Dennis is the exception, but I have beaten that drum enough).
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

Given the record of the other players, does that not point to Dennis being a case of the player not doing it rather than the manager not lkking him?
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

portchesterblue wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:01 pm Given the record of the other players, does that not point to Dennis being a case of the player not doing it rather than the manager not lkking him?
That certainly could be true, but on the other hand he certainly looked good when I saw him (admittedly only on screen, but a number of times). To me he looks like a natural number 10, in that he is good on the ball, can set up other players and split a defence with a pass, and certainly knows where the goal is, either from behind a striker or up front, albeit sometimes against slightly lower level teams. I think that his best chance of breaking through will be in the pre season games - if he gets a chance.

Maybe sometimes a player just doesn't suit a coaches eye, and I would certainly back KJ's judgement of players against mine!