Next Tory Leader

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 27 times

Next Tory Leader

Post by itsaintfunny »

Who is your money on for Leader/Prime Minister and why ?
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Next Tory Leader

Post by New Forester »

I put £10 on Ed Miliband at 9-1 a few years back. Hoping to repeat this success I put £20 on Dominic Rab a few weeks ago. Not a hope now. It's Boris's to lose now. If he makes it to the last two, and I think it's inconceivable that he won't, the Tory faithful will back him. We will then have two leaders loathed by most of their MPs and millions of voters, but put there by their activists. Democracy in action UK style. When Boris tries to push through a no deal Brexit and fails could we have a GE, hung Parliament with Nigel in charge?

Looking forward to a drama better than anything fiction can match.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Can't believe there are so many who apparently want the job. Lemmings come to mind.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

The interesting candidate is Rory Stewart. He doesn't have a hope of winning, or even making the last two. However, he is the candidate standing out against all the "I'm a harder Brexiteer than you" bunch. It will put him in a good position when we have to do this all again after a short period of Boris lunacy.
just blue
Milan Mandaric

Post by just blue »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:58 am The interesting candidate is Rory Stewart. He doesn't have a hope of winning, or even making the last two. However, he is the candidate standing out against all the "I'm a harder Brexiteer than you" bunch. It will put him in a good position when we have to do this all again after a short period of Boris lunacy.
:thumb
Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Pompeymack »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:58 am The interesting candidate is Rory Stewart. He doesn't have a hope of winning, or even making the last two. However, he is the candidate standing out against all the "I'm a harder Brexiteer than you" bunch. It will put him in a good position when we have to do this all again after a short period of Boris lunacy.
When read what he’s done he doesn’t come across as a politician, he comes across as a decent human being.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Rory Stewart could be a good shout. Its like 1990 and John Major. Too many other candidates with too many enemies voting on the ‘anyone but x’ principle.

Sooner or later you’re left with with the least inoffensive.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:15 pm Can't believe there are so many who apparently want the job. Lemmings come to mind.
Agreed, it's becoming quite undignified. On that basis, I'm glad Penny hasn't put her name into the hat.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Donald J Trump
Martin Kuhl

Post by Donald J Trump »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:15 pm Can't believe there are so many who apparently want the job. Lemmings come to mind.
Hah....you think that's a lot.....I've got 23 LOSERS running for a chance to be beaten by me.
So many I've had to set up a nickname committee.
So far I've got:

Sleepy Joe Biden
Pocahontas
Crazy Bernie
Lightweight Gillibrand
Alfred E Neuman

Probably no need to worry about the rest of the pack
Make America Great Again
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I'd vote for Alfred E Neuman - I loved Mad magazine when I was a kid.