Adam May

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Adam May

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Gone to Swindon on a season long loan. Let's hope that he gets plenty of game time and comes back a better player.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Adam May

Post by Selsey Bill »

Good move for both parties I think. One of those players who I cant quite tell if he is going to make it. Has ability, as he showed when on loan to Sutton in that televised cup game against Arsenal. Let's hope he does a Ben Thompson :D
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Adam May is a good player, but there are two things he needs to show. Firstly, that he can score goals. He isn't strong enough to be a holding midfielder, and if he is going to play further forward he needs to get his share of goals, a bit like Ben Close did at the end of last season. Secondly, he has to actually use his talent to impact games, not just look tidy. Here, Thompson, B. is the example to follow where a fringe player with talent at Millwall came to Pompey and (almost with an "I am too good for this level" attitude) was prepared to take a game by the scruff of the neck.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:46 pm Adam May is a good player, but there are two things he needs to show. Firstly, that he can score goals. He isn't strong enough to be a holding midfielder, and if he is going to play further forward he needs to get his share of goals, a bit like Ben Close did at the end of last season. Secondly, he has to actually use his talent to impact games, not just look tidy. Here, Thompson, B. is the example to follow where a fringe player with talent at Millwall came to Pompey and (almost with an "I am too good for this level" attitude) was prepared to take a game by the scruff of the neck.
Agreed. As SB says, he has the talent, but he has to do it week-in-week-out, on a rainy Tuesday night in Plymouth, not just when the cameras are there.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour