Rotherham Match on Saturday 24th August Postponed

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Rotherham Match on Saturday 24th August Postponed

Post by Selsey Bill »

...due to a clash with Victorius. I suspect this news will suit some Pompey fans, but not others. Not ideal for me and my lot, but let's see when it is rearranged for.

Article:

Portsmouth Football Club regret to announce that the League One home match against Rotherham in August has had to be postponed.

The club worked hard with the EFL and relevant agencies in trying to accommodate the fixture taking place on the initially scheduled day, originally bringing the kick-off time forward to 12.30pm.

But due to the difficulties in hosting two major events in the city on the same day – with Victorious Festival also taking place that weekend – and after safety, operational, logistical and staffing concerns were raised, there was no other option but for the club to ask the EFL to postpone the game.

A new date for the fixture will be announced in due course. Tickets already purchased will remain valid, while fans can also claim a refund.

We sincerely apologise to all Pompey and Rotherham supporters who have been adversely affected by this change.

The club will look sympathetically at requests from Rotherham and Pompey fans – on a case-by-case basis – who need reimbursing for pre-booked travel or accommodation.