Marquis

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Marquis

Post by Pompey1985 »

Through the middle and Harrison out wide?
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Marquis

Post by Jack_Tinn »

you'd think so .....particularly if Lowe leaves

Alternatively I could see Marquis and Harrison in as an interchangeable 9 and 10 or playing in a 4-4-2

I read a quote from Marquis during the January window when Sunderland were interesting in him (and apparently had a £2m bid rejected) and he said he wanted to play at the highest level and although Donny were seeking to persuade him to stay to try and get them promoted in the summer he would have a year left on his deal and he would want to leave then. It is being said that his partner is pregnant and he wants to return to the South (in and around London).

If Charlton are interested and meet the asking price that Donny want for him I can't see Pompey competing with that package and he will sign there. However, Charlton may not need another forward ( they already have Lyle Taylor who I rate highly and Taylor's contract expires in a years' time too and they have promised him a new deal already)

It will be interesting to see how this plays out because the window closes for Charlton (and for Wigan et al for Lowe) in about a week whereas Pompey and Donny have until the end of the month
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

I'd heard early Monday from someone connected to Donny it was on the cards, but then it all seemed to slow.

I'm hearing it's happening though and we have agreed what I think is our biggest fee since the premier League days.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

OS now confirming that he has signed on a three year deal, with an option of a further year. Good signing imo.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Thats a great coup. And I doubt he comes cheap.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

his wife is from Brighton apparently and his family is close by too. They are expecting their second child very shortly.

I guess Sunderland wasn't quite as convenient a location. Even nicer to beat Charlton to the punch
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Quality signing, along with Harness, great business. Losing Jamal doesn't feel a problem any more.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

So, what happens if we get promoted and Wigan are relegated? Not an impossible combination of outcomes. Does Lowe want to come back?
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Pompey1985 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:32 pm Through the middle and Harrison out wide?
No!

Harness, Williams, Evans and Curtis out wide.

Harrison will be fighting with Oli for a place on the bench.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour