Lowe Leaving - Marquis Arriving?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Lowe Leaving - Marquis Arriving?

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Cook has said to the local Wigan press that he felt that Pompey held up the deal because they hold bad feelings towards him after the way he left Pompey.

He goes on to say that he has only warm feelings for Pompey and he looks for their results. Mmmm, not sure I buy all of that.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/footba ... -1-9912793

Seems fair enough to me for Pompey to hold out for the best deal and to want to have tied up a deal for replacement players before they signed off on the deal. I wish Jamal all the best at WIgan but I think that it may be hard for Jamal stepping up to Championship level in a lower half of the table team
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:08 pm Cook has said to the local Wigan press that he felt that Pompey held up the deal because they hold bad feelings towards him after the way he left Pompey.

He goes on to say that he has only warm feelings for Pompey and he looks for their results. Mmmm, not sure I buy all of that.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/footba ... -1-9912793

Seems fair enough to me for Pompey to hold out for the best deal and to want to have tied up a deal for replacement players before they signed off on the deal. I wish Jamal all the best at WIgan but I think that it may be hard for Jamal stepping up to Championship level in a lower half of the table team
What? The way he said that he'd only ever leave Pompey if Liverpool wanted him, and yet less than 28 days later had gone? Why could we possibly hold bad feelings over that?
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Met Jamal at Bicester Village of all places yesterday. Was there with my family. He is a very polite, friendly young man - was happy to chat, have photos taken, etc...