SOOOOOO - Team for Saturday?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

SOOOOOO - Team for Saturday?

Post by Locky_McLockface »

I suspect we will see

McG
Bolton Downing Raggett Brown
McRorie Naylor
Harness Evans Curtis
Marquis
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: SOOOOOO - Team for Saturday?

Post by Pompey Penguin »

I gave up trying to predict Jackett's teams last season. He always seemed to spring a surprise somewhere in the team.

More generally, I wonder if we will see a greater differential between home and away teams this season. Last year we were excellent (clearly the best in the division) away, but struggled at home relative to our usual FP strength; the latter being the source of disquiet amongst fans.

Away: Strong defence with pace in the attacking MF to play on the break off Marquis.
Home: A more attacking line-up, with greater subtlety to break down defences.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

McG
Walkes
Downing
Burgess
Brown
McCrorie
Naylor
Evans
Curtis
Harness,
Marquis

Bench:
Bass, Harrison, Close, Pittman, Hawkins, Cannon, Raggett

I think Walkes starts at RB since Bolton is coming back from injury and he can be eased in. Shame for him because he will be keen to play against his previous team but Walkes has more time playing next to Downing and starts this game. Bolton can play at FP vs B'ham on Tuesday and get another 90mins there and then its game on for the RB spot vs Tranmere and Sunderland.

I think for a similar reason Burgess starts because Raggett is coming back from an elbow injury and did not play vs Crawley last week or in midweek vs Woking. He is the natural player to play there but I think KJ goes with Burgess although I almost put Naylor there and promoted Close into midfield. I resisted though and left Burgess to adapt to the left hand side CB role for this game and gave him max protect in front from Naylor and McCrorie.

I went with Evans and Harness and put Evans initially in the no.10 slot but I can see that those too might swap positions during the game depending on how things develop post KO. Evans I think is particularly useful away from home to add some bite to the midfield and goals joining Marquis in the box.

The bench is looking strong and Williams and Morris are on the outside looking in at this point (as is Whatmaugh) because of injury.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

switch out Raggett on the bench for Bolton. KJ confirmed today that he is out injured for this game along with Morris.