McCrorie Ban

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

McCrorie Ban

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Does he miss the Birmingham match or Tranmere?
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: McCrorie Ban

Post by New Forester »

Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

I didn't find the Sun article very helpful.

This is a link to the guidance issued by the FA to players: http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thef ... glish.ashx

This shows that two yellows equate to one game ban. I think this will be Tranmere however because each competition has been separated now so that they operate independently for the purposes of cards and suspensions. Time will tell.

The FA have also created a handy little thing on their website so that after match reports come in you can see who is suspended at any club. You can find this here: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... uspensions
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I had originally looked on the EFL site, and from what I could gather yellows only relate to one competition but reds carry across most but not all competitions. It really wasn't very clear to me.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Agreed. No criticism of any poster on here

If a red applies to the next game regardless of competition then is that a straight red only or does it apply to two yellows?? It's really not clear!

I suspect the answer is that a straight red is automatic and carries over into over competitions but two yellows doesn't. It may help Pompey if the ban applies to the B'ham game only. We will find out by Tuesday evening :-)
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Last season we had a very good disciplinary record. The only sending off was Ben Thompson (as far as I can remember) and that was overturned on appeal. Suspensions for bookings were also limited to a reasonable number.

On the other hand Rangers' record was appalling. I hope that McCrorie hasn't brought that level of ill discipline with him.
Selsey Fan
Gary O'Neil
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Selsey Fan »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:32 pm Does he miss the Birmingham match or Tranmere?
It seems that the ban applies to the Birmingham game.

Ian
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:47 pm Last season we had a very good disciplinary record. The only sending off was Ben Thompson (as far as I can remember) and that was overturned on appeal. Suspensions for bookings were also limited to a reasonable number.

On the other hand Rangers' record was appalling. I hope that McCrorie hasn't brought that level of ill discipline with him.
From the posts of the Rangers fans I read - we can be pretty certain he''ll be watching from the stands at some points during the season...
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."