Championship Transfer Window Closing at 5pm Thurs - Will Pompey sign anyone?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Championship Transfer Window Closing at 5pm Thurs - Will Pompey sign anyone?

Post by Jack_Tinn »

The transfer window for Premier League and Championship clubs closes at 5pm on Thursday 8th. I'd be surprised if Pompey lost any more players to the leagues above but will they sign a player or two on loan from the higher leagues?

The rumour mill has Pompey linked to a young attacking right back from Leeds - this seems a possibility with neither Walkes and Bolton impressing with their attacking (crossing) ability - and there was a suggestion a few days back about Pompey wanting to take another young striker on loan.

Unless Pittman is leaving - which does not seem to be likely - then I can't see the forward being likely. I could see a right and/or left sided winger or wing back on loan until at least January though to add competition and to provide cover.

I suspect that this part of the transfer window will pass quietly but I think if the club are going to add another player or two before the end of the fll transfer window you'd think they would be with loans from clubs from a higher level because after 5pm tomorrow any player coming in would have to come from L1 or L2.

I have to say that the club are somewhat quiet today.....could something be in the works?
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Championship Transfer Window Closing at 5pm Thurs - Will Pompey sign anyone?

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I had always thought that the transfer window closing would preclude Premier and Championship clubs from buying, but not selling.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Championship Transfer Window Closing at 5pm Thurs - Will Pompey sign anyone?

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:49 pm I had always thought that the transfer window closing would preclude Premier and Championship clubs from buying, but not selling.
That was what I thought too.

Anyway, you heard it here first, Crouchie arriving for a third spell, this time in a player/coach role :thumb
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

I think you may be right, the window closes to incoming players for Premier and Championship but doesn't prevent outgoing players to L2 and L1 until the end of the month.