NFL Thread

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

NFL Thread

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Well, we might as well roll a thread out for the NFL ers on the board.

So, who's yer team, why, and whos' gonna win it all this season?

Bungles, because I'm a masochist and cut myself in my spare time, Packers / Patriots don't bet against Brady
Div III. Call it what it is.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: NFL Thread

Post by New Forester »

I used to follow Dallas Cowboys. Now I have to keep an eye on Texas A&M Aggies in college football. My son in law went to the University and is a keen fan. And naturally he now also follows Pompey. I have family in Dallas, New York, Las Vegas and Los Angeles so I do have other options!

No idea who will be the front runners this season.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Interesting as most of my pals are watching the NFL less and college a lot more. Its Ohio State around here....100k for home games up in Columbus OH!
richisbradders
Alan Knight
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richisbradders »

I’m a giants fan, although I follow some other teams like rams, chiefs etc.

I’m going to cowboys@giants and giants@bears game this year which I’m looking forward to.

I’m just really hoping Browns fall flat on their face, they’ve managed to accrue a team of prima-donnas (only minor sour grapes over OBJ)
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

richisbradders wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:43 pm I’m a giants fan, although I follow some other teams like rams, chiefs etc.

I’m going to cowboys@giants and giants@bears game this year which I’m looking forward to.

I’m just really hoping Browns fall flat on their face, they’ve managed to accrue a team of prima-donnas (only minor sour grapes over OBJ)
No worries there. The Browns only exist to make the Bengals look good
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

Cardinals fan here because I love dissapointment even more then Cinci.

Looking forward to seeing how K1 and K2 do in the big boys league this year. Who's going to win it all? No idea but it won't be Arizona!! :rofl

TTNY sorry to say but the Cardinals have picked up another loser in the making. The team didn't strengthen their Offensive Line enough to save their new QB - FFS even my Raiders killed their starters the other week!!!

They got rid of a good young QB who needed protection, so quickly, and without any remorse, they deserve all they get. That said, I have tickets for Seahawks game on 9/29 and really enjoyed watching my Raiders win against them
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

I am a 49er fan. I will have the pleasure of joining the faithful for week 2 in Cincinnati and completing my pilgrimage to Canton and the Hall of Fame in the NFL's 100th year.

As to who will win it all: In the AFC there are only four teams imho that realistically have a shot: New England (because of Brady), KC (offensive fire power), Pittsburgh (calm in the locker room can bring greater focus) and Chargers (all round team). Baltimore could break into that group but I am not sold on Jackson at QB and Greg Roman (OC) is getting too much credit and hype for his OC role at San Francisco under Harbaugh (the angry brother!) I think KC will come through the pack this year and represent the AFC.

The NFC is a tough division. Every team believes it has its franchise quarterback in their 53 (although Tampa may waiver on that!) and it is easier to say which teams won't be a contender: (Tampa, Arizona, Washington and Giants I am talking specifically about you) If I have to I will say Rams, Eagles, Bears and New Orleans win their divisions and Minnesota, Cowboys and Packers make the playoffs. Niners, Seahawks will be awfully close to making the post season too. I think that the Eagles will win through.

I'll go for Eagles over KC in the Superbowl because they have a much better defence and it still wins championships.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Ok, Cincinnati, NY Giants, SF 49ers, Dallarse, Arizona Cards and Winslett if he's still around is a Detroit Lions fan.

Anyone else?....thought we had a Packer fan
pompeywight
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 8 times

Post by pompeywight »

I guess I have to go for the team I live closest to go you LIONS :smt004
pompey and east cowes vics forever
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

pompeywight wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:11 pm I guess I have to go for the team I live closest to go you LIONS :smt004
Cant you invent some mathematical algorithm like the distance to the nearest team divided by the distance to Portsmouth multiplied by Pi that might give you the Patriots?
pompeywight
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 8 times

Post by pompeywight »

Cant you invent some mathematical algorithm like the distance to the nearest team divided by the distance to Portsmouth multiplied by Pi that might give you the Patriots?

I tried but that got me the BILLS :rofl
pompey and east cowes vics forever
Poacher Chimes
Martin Kuhl

Post by Poacher Chimes »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:36 am No worries there. The Browns only exist to make the Bengals look good
:rofl love the quote!!

Steelers here. Now that there is no one-man dissent in the camp this year I see us seeing out games!! :wink: :wink:
Thats Rich
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Thats Rich »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:51 pm Ok, Cincinnati, NY Giants, SF 49ers, Dallarse, Arizona Cards and Winslett if he's still around is a Detroit Lions fan.

Anyone else?....thought we had a Packer fan
Yes we do Cinci - that will be me. Superbowl winners in the year of my birth. Hate the Go Pack Go chant. Love the way they go to training with all the kids and the bikes. Well worth a view with some of those hulking linemen on kiddies bikes.

Expect it to be a weird season ending up with a strange Superbowl such as Browns v Cowboys.
Why always me!
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Raiders will be their normal selves I'm sure.....flatter to be decent as players play for the big bucks when Vegas beckons.

Arizona need to plummit and self destruct as they have an awful QB and the team have no idea how to treat rookie QBs, just look at them blaming Josh Rosen after playing him with the worst Offensive Line in the NFL. Their new messiah was taken apart by the Raiders a couple of weeks ago and yes, that was by the Raiders defense. What hope do they have.

Green Bay - sorry but I fear they are going a season too long with Rogers at the helm and he will have an Eli Manning type of season as injuries start to take their toll. Aging QBs without cover are getting beaten down by faster and faster defenses.

Patri-cheats...they'll do what they do and probably win it again. I hate them but can't deny they have the best coach and QB possibly ever to play.

Miami - I'd love Josh Rosen to have a good season and show that he has been maligned, but I'll always defend a UCLA player.

Finally ...... who cares about the NFL, it is the college game that kicks off today and UCLA are playing in Cinci on ESPN, so that's all that matters :-)
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:16 pm I am a 49er fan. I will have the pleasure of joining the faithful for week 2 in Cincinnati and completing my pilgrimage to Canton and the Hall of Fame in the NFL's 100th year.

As to who will win it all: In the AFC there are only four teams imho that realistically have a shot: New England (because of Brady), KC (offensive fire power), Pittsburgh (calm in the locker room can bring greater focus) and Chargers (all round team). Baltimore could break into that group but I am not sold on Jackson at QB and Greg Roman (OC) is getting too much credit and hype for his OC role at San Francisco under Harbaugh (the angry brother!) I think KC will come through the pack this year and represent the AFC.

The NFC is a tough division. Every team believes it has its franchise quarterback in their 53 (although Tampa may waiver on that!) and it is easier to say which teams won't be a contender: (Tampa, Arizona, Washington and Giants I am talking specifically about you) If I have to I will say Rams, Eagles, Bears and New Orleans win their divisions and Minnesota and Cowboys make the playoffs. Pack, Niners, Seahawks will be awfully close to making the post season too. I think that the Eagles will win through.

I'll go for Eagles over KC in the Superbowl because they have a much better defence and it still wins championships.