OT. USGA Senior Amateur Ladies Championship

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

OT. USGA Senior Amateur Ladies Championship

Post by Berkshire Blue »

For any golfing enthusiasts amongst you, Laura Webb, who is a fellow member of East Berks golf club shot one over par yesterday and is in 9th place after the first round.

Laura is the current UK Senior Ladies champion and has won numerous titles in her long and distinguished golfing career.

Go Laura!
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: OT. USGA Senior Amateur Ladies Championship

Post by New Forester »

Good to hear about that. One of my great pleasures has been watching a certain Liz Young grow up. Her father was passing my house one day with a golf club in his hand. We have been close friends for over 40 years. A few years later Liz was born and naturally held a golf club too. She went to College in the USA where they developed her golf. She was the UK amateur champion before turning professional. She has never been ranked much higher than 25 on the European tour nor as a result earned much money. But it has been great fun following her ups and downs. When her tour days are over she can enjoy her life membership of Brokenhurst Manor Golf Club where I have spent many happy hours.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Pleased to report that Laura finished the second stroke play round in a tie for 5th place, and has qualified for the match play rounds.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Even more pleased to report that Laura won through the rounds of 64, 32 and 16, and is now playing in the quarterfinals, with the semi final later today if she wins through.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Laura lost in the quarter finals to an Australian lady who has won a hatful of titles, but she can be very proud of her performance. She has played six rounds in 5 days, so I would imagine that she is a bit weary!