Bolton

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Bolton

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Is it a must win?

Personally I think that KJ will be given more time, regardless of today's result. But anything other than a win is going to ramp up the fans pressure big time.

I'm going for us to win 3-1
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Bolton

Post by Pompey Penguin »

I've said elsewhere that I think that Jackett gets until the end of October to sort things out. That being said, if it is possible to have a "must win" game in September, this is probably it. Lose or a poor draw today, and it is difficult to see how the team can recover enough morale and points to save either Jackett or (almost) the season. They desperately need a spark to lift the team and please the fans.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

I worry that any sort of decent performance today just delays the inevitable. Fear if we wait until end of October then the season will be a complete write off.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

After a hectic day in London yesterday, decided to give today a miss. Relaxed and mowed the lawn until tuning in just before half time to hear “worst half this season” Really? Need my whisky.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Based on the first half we don't have to worry about a decent performance.....

Bolton 7 shots to our 4 at half time, 3 corner to our 0

A team that has scored 2 and conceeded 24 are, according to our own commentators, Bolton are starting to provide more of a threat than Pompey now
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

At least we did better against them than Sunderland.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

If you didn't know who was the near bankrupt club with a makeshift side you'd think it was us . Glad of 3 points but that was dreadful
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Curtis now having a dig at fans on Twitter - that is never going to end well!
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

PakefieldBlue wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:07 pm Curtis now having a dig at fans on Twitter - that is never going to end well!
I don't have Twitter anymore . The politest way I can put it is that he was absolute toilet and should've been taken off at halftime . If he doesn't like it let him leave . He won't be missed if form over the last 9 or 10 months us anything to go by
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

I just read it.

Yep, not the smartest of comments. He can have a sly dig at the 12th man if he wants but it’s the eleven in front which make the biggest difference.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:14 pm
PakefieldBlue wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:07 pm Curtis now having a dig at fans on Twitter - that is never going to end well!
I don't have Twitter anymore . The politest way I can put it is that he was absolute toilet and should've been taken off at halftime . If he doesn't like it let him leave . He won't be missed if form over the last 9 or 10 months us anything to go by
Agree Nuts, I watched him when he first came here and was well impressed, lately he has been very poor, always seems to give up and then blames everyone and everything around him other than himself.

Seems to have tied in to when he got selected for the national side, perhaps he thinks he is better than us now, if so, then I agree, let him go.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

His last piece of play yesterday was booed by many in the crowd and And th sarcastic cheering when he was subbed probably hit home
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Milton End »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:47 am His last piece of play yesterday was booed by many in the crowd and And th sarcastic cheering when he was subbed probably hit home
He evidently made a mistake in criticising Pompey supporters: he has to learn that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. But he is young and has clearly lost some footballing form. Both KJ and the fans need to give him some slack IMO.

More generally with regard to the match, this was my first visit to Fratton Park this season. I was impressed by the way that the old ground is slowly being transformed - wooden stairways being replaced by steel, new lighting, etc. The Eisners have kept their promise to invest in the ground - unlike all recent previous owners. [And I include Milan Mandaric in this. I recall him being photographed driving a dumper truck to publicise his minimal ground investment.]

With regard to the match itself, the first half was truly uninspiring. We missed a few chances and, if Bolton were a better team, they would have been ahead at the interval.

I'm not sure what happened at the break, but Pompey came out better in the second half. Harness clearly made a difference and perhaps Evans.

But it says something about the general standard when the player voted man-of-the-match, Brett Pitman, managed to hit the right hand post with his penalty kick before scoring later in the game.

We've been unlucky with injuries. But it's going to be a long and difficult season. PUP.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

Hopefully a bit of a wake up call for Curtis yesterday . Harness changed the game completely when he came on . I actually felt we could go on to win in the second half where as I thought we'd be lucky to get away with a point judging on the first half performance .
Invicta Pompey
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Invicta Pompey »

I think the way the clubs run financially and the constraints it has ( with which I agree with) there's no way that Jackett will be replaced this year. Our best chance of success this season is to get behind both him and the team.
Whilst Curtis was ****** yesterday and deserved to be subbed so did the 12th man. The 12 th man was rightly criticised for his lack of support and the twitter post just showed Curtis frustration and that he really does care. Its easy to support a team when its going well but good support doesn't evaporate and become negative after just 8 matches. Being raped by Scum is traumatic but we need to up chin. Team Manager and supporters need to pull together, roll on Doncaster. Its cold up north pack your hat and tracky. PUP